Home Open Account Help 246 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Deshler Artist Slams CSX...

Date: 10/27/02 10:41
Deshler Artist Slams CSX...
Author: DeshlerRailfan

In this weeks Deshler Flag. The artist also painted our Crossroads Park sign, hanging on the shelter.

I guess some people just don't like all the clutter around the Depot. Especially this view from Main Street.

Good thing they run lotsa trains. That way we don't see it from the park.

DRF

You must be a registered subscriber to watch videos. Join Today!

Date: 10/27/02 13:59
Re: Deshler Artist Slams CSX...
Author: ConrailTV-6

Now that's the kind of signal I like to see :-)

Date: 10/27/02 17:12
Author: Ster2Block

Who slamed what now? Huh?

Bill, explain please...

Tony
Railfan from the east...

Date: 10/28/02 00:24
Author: DeshlerRailfan

The derailment pushed everything around and destroyed things they had stored there. Now they put everthing between Main St and the depot. To protect it? Maybe. It's kinda ugly from Main St.

DRF

Date: 10/28/02 06:31
Author: NYCSTL8

Unfortunately, the Deshler situation is not unique. Railroad sites in town after town look like disaster zones. Just a couple examples are the area around Walnut St. in Muncie, IN, where the Big Four/NKP depot sat, which is now a weed field, and the viaduct thru Dayton, which looks as tho pieces could come a-tumblin down at any moment. No wonder my non-train-oriented friends and kinfolk can't understand my rail-related enthusiasm: much of the property looks like a junkyard has-been rather than a going concern with a future. NKP # 8 out...

Date: 10/29/02 18:58
Author: vrsfan

Well Bill and fellas, at least you have that wonderful ocean...uh, I mean trackside view where you stand. Back around March 2000, the NS kicked the buffs out of CP-BURN in Allentown, PA. Today both lots where we once sat almost 3 years ago is either a pile of rubble, or what NS thinks is a dumping ground for MoW waste. Makes me tempted to call in the city zoning dept. As railfans, at least we kept the place clean!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0372 seconds