Home Open Account Help 385 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > New York and Greenwood Lake Railroad

Date: 01/30/15 20:40
New York and Greenwood Lake Railroad
Author: BrianA

This coming April I am planning a trip to Delaware and New Jersey and read about a pair of ex-BN GP9's on the New York and Greenwood Lake Railroad at Passaic, NJ that I was interested in photographing for my BN Tribute website. My excitement turned to frustration to see the line has been shut down for a few years now but the two GP9's are still there, behind locked fences. I saw a few photos from December 2014 and one of them looks out in the open but the other does not. I am still interested in tracking them down but would like photos of both if possible. Is there any way to get in contact with the owner for permission to get photos inside the locked fences? I can not find any way to contact anyone.

Any speculation on what might happen to these two GP9's? Kind of surprised they have sat there unused for 2 years.

Brian Ambrose
Renton, WA

Date: 01/31/15 07:49
Re: New York and Greenwood Lake Railroad
Author: sig292

I don't have any info on current (or lack of) operations on the NYGL in Garfield, but you'll be happy to know that GP9 # 1268 has escaped New Jersey and is now in Port Jervis NY.
I haven't been there in a few years but I'm sure it is in an easily photographable spot near the Metro-North station.
Also there is a nicely restored Erie E8 and a NYGL RS3 in Erie colors.
Hope this helps,
Ken Gear

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0355 seconds