Author: Gary4023

I am looking for a roster of the passenger cars
at Chattanooga terminal Station. I have been
unable to find any books or lists.
Thanks Gary

Date: 11/21/02 11:09
Re: Chattanooga Terminal Station
Author: bayman

I think you may have to contact the hotel at the Terminal Station for that information. Trains maz. had an article many years ago about the place, do a search on the Internet. I stayed in one of the cars years ago but did not see any information about the history of the cars.

Date: 11/21/02 12:52
Author: Chessie2018

a issue of Trains Magazine is over at the NMRA HQ in Chattanooga just go to http://www.nmra.org and go to the libary section of the website.

Jason/Chessie2018

Date: 11/21/02 14:14
Author: johnacraft

I don't know about a full roster, but many if not most are coaches that came from the Penn Central not purchased by Amtrak, so would have PRR or NYC ancestry. The PC lettering was plainly visible under the paint in the early days . . .

JAC

Date: 11/21/02 16:05
Author: ConductorAl

Most of the lettering still is visible on many of the cars. The only real exception would be the stainless steel dining car that is used as a restaurant.

Date: 11/21/02 16:14
Author: Bryan_

We have a few people from there on the list. You might want to post a message at the North Alabama/Middle Tennessee Railfan Email List:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/decaturjunction

Date: 11/21/02 18:51
Author: ConductorAl

I'm one of them. My apartment's a stone's throw from there. In fact, I'll be on a train tomorrow that is scheduled to pull from that station at 5:30 PM. I won't have enough time to look around as we'll be in and out of there pretty quickly. Not much of a place to visit now as the buildings are in need of a massive amount of work to bring them back to the condition that they should be in. Structurally the buildings are sound, but cosmetically they're a wreck. However, the cost of repointing the masonery and fixing the platforms is probably cost prohibitive. We're talking major work, most likely $2-3 million as a low estimate.

Date: 11/22/02 12:16
Author: Gary4023

Did some looking at the Trains index, no
luck so far. Tried the Yahoo page, coundn't
find anything. The page would not let me post
a question. So I still could use a little help.
Gary

Date: 11/22/02 14:28
Author: Bryan_

> The page would not let me post
> a question.

You have to join the list to post.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0361 seconds