Home Open Account Help 345 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > AN Railway - Port St. Joe, Florida

Date: 03/19/15 13:00
AN Railway - Port St. Joe, Florida
Author: ewlanctot

Does anyone have any information on what is left on the AN Railway (formerly the Apalachicola Northern)? Are there any operations south of Telogia, FL anymore? I know there is a Georgia Pacific plant in Hosford, FL. Is there an engine in Port St. Joe? When was the last time there was even a movement down into Port St. Joe? Does anyone have any insight as to what might happen with this line. Just curious. Thank you in advance.

Eric Lanctot

Date: 03/19/15 13:25
Re: AN Railway - Port St. Joe, Florida
Author: ctillnc

Good question. Following the line south of Telogia on Google Maps satellite view doesn't identify any active customer.

Date: 03/19/15 16:48
Author: 55002

I too am puzzled by this line. I am on vacation from the UK and went to Port St Joe to see the operations in town and follow north. It all appears on the G & W web site as all operational. I can report there is nothing at Port St Joe, the track is overgrown well out of town. Any further info would be welcome by me as well. Chris UK.

Date: 03/19/15 20:45
Author: erie833

Port St Joe in better days....

RAD

Date: 03/20/15 16:55
Author: 55002

Hi - further to my notes above, I met a local railfan today at Chattahoochee, the northern terminus on the AN. You are correct, in that they only operate to the the lumber mill at Telogia. Everything south of here is finished. Access to the mill is awkward, and the trains to Chattahoochee is unpredictable. Chris UK.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0353 seconds