Home Open Account Help 165 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Empty Oil East at West Trenton

Date: 04/01/15 17:12
Empty Oil East at West Trenton
Author: RDG630

Today was an exception to the usual return west of empty crude oil trains out of Philadelphia, Pa going the Baltimore - Cumberland route. This morning two BNSF Pumpkins lead a train through West Trenton, NJ for a trip up the River Line and west from Albany. Not an April fool.

Date: 04/02/15 06:28
Re: Empty Oil East at West Trenton
Author: tp117

caused by curfew on Philly sub around Wilmington from 1100 on to ??? if the sacred Q032 gets by by then. Dumping ballast, laying out many ties, regulators & tampers. There is a long 'ramp' empty work train at Wilsmere. During the night an empty oil might go this way. Track was already in good shape from this type of work 2 years ago. I do not know how long the curfews will last. I know the conductor on one the works trains and he said twice they have CSX has called two crews at the same time for his train. 

Date: 04/02/15 09:13
Re: Empty Oil East at West Trenton
Author: Lackawanna484

Empty oil trains from Philly to north on the River Line in NJ/NY are pretty unusual.  I do see CP and CSX oil / ethanol trains regularly, though. These originate on the Chemical Coast / Garden State secondary.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0354 seconds