Home Open Account Help 329 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Since oil trains are a hot topic today

Date: 05/01/15 18:50
Since oil trains are a hot topic today
Author: AKYtrainNut

As I was going north on US 23 I was able to get one quick shot of this BNSF/CSXT oil trail just past the Ashland,KY city limits going into Catlettsburg, KY on the Kanawha Sub. 9150 SD70ACe leading a couple of C44-9W numbers 4485 and 4179 into West Virginia. I tried turning around to get a couple of closer shots but traffic lights and city streets slowed me down and made it impossible. CSXT is finishing up MOW the tracks that go from Russell Yard to the Big Sandy JCT. I bet the people near Montgomery, WV sleep with one eye open when these oil trains pass through after the oil train derailment and explosion in February!

Date: 05/01/15 20:08
Re: Since oil trains are a hot topic today
Author: Appalachianrails

What time was this?

Date: 05/02/15 03:11
Re: Since oil trains are a hot topic today
Author: AKYtrainNut

Appalachianrails Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What time was this?

That train crossed the Big Sandy about 2pm, that's when I gave up going after it. This older picture I have posted here shows an empty oil train in the same location, I believe you also caught some pictures of it, mine were taken on on 4-9-14. I never posted it before because it is of poor quality. The power on this consist looked kind of rag tag, two older warbonnets and a newer EMD. I was surprised they had this old SF/BNSF 637 in the lead, it was not even relabeled except for a small yellow and black BNSF sticker below the 637. It sat at this location for quite a while, I guess waiting for a new crew. If you go to Railpictures you can see some pictures of this same consist going through Missouri on 4-11-14.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0418 seconds