Home Open Account Help 357 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Lehigh Gorge Question

Date: 01/06/03 11:48
Lehigh Gorge Question
Author: birdman

Can anyone please tell me on which days and about what times the following trains pass through the Lehigh Gorge? Reading and Northern LEPI and PILE, and the NS Hazleton Man. Thank you.

Date: 01/06/03 18:02
Re: Lehigh Gorge Question
Author: ajt

The R&N trains run M-W-F, marked at Jim Thorpe 0800. Usually heading west after 0830, returning in the afternoon/early evening.

Date: 01/06/03 19:57
Author: vrsfan

NS H66 is on duty Sun-Thurs/Fri. @ 0230. They went up today w/ a C40-9W/SD60/C40-8 lashup and 58 cars (26 RBMN\'s, 4 CSKR\'s, 28 Hazletons). They usually run to Hazleton on M-W-F. Su-Tu-Th they will run as far as Palmerton and switch industries between there and Allentown.

Saturday the H76 covers this job and works to either to Hazleton or Palmerton, depending on where cars are needed.

The LEPI as noted earlier leaves after the H66 makes his setoff for them to take west.

Date: 01/07/03 05:55

Thank you very much. You have confirmed what what was my understanding of the operation. Someone else tried to tell me that there had been a change in the timing of those trains. He must have been misinformed.

Date: 01/07/03 16:29
Re: Lehigh Gorge Question - lil correction
Author: vrsfan

The regular H66 crew only works Su-Th now, still on duty 0230.

They generally run Hazleton M-W; and to LEHIGHTON (in order to run around their train) Su-Tu-Th.

The H76 usually covers the run on Fri-Sat for them. This is a slight change in their schedule as they normally handled the Washington local (H65) on Fridays.

Either day they might have cars for the Panther Valley (CSKR) @ Packerton Junction, and if they can run around their train @ Palmerton they will do so - and scrap running the distance to Lehighton.

This comes from the conductor himself, whom I spoke to today.

Date: 01/07/03 17:42
Re: Lehigh Gorge Question - lil correction

Thank you for the clarification. I won\'t get into the original story that I was told about the recent operation of the NS locals because it is so far from reality. It is hard to imagine how the individual in question became so misinformed.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0949 seconds