Home Open Account Help 308 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Its so cold today.....

Date: 01/23/03 14:01
Its so cold today.....
Author: vasouthern

I only rolled my window half way down to watch a passing NS train....

My fuzzy-wear-only-when-its-BAD-cold hat is off to the crews that have alot of switching during this rather cold spell in the east...

5 this morning in southwestern Virginia
below 0 forcast for tonight....

Throwing another cat on the bed,

Randy
Virginia Southern

Date: 01/23/03 14:36
Re: Its so cold today.....
Author: Butch.G

Hmm sounds like work just needs to be a little colder around -15 to -22 degrees.............

Date: 01/23/03 16:33
Author: wabash2800

vasouthern wrote:

> 5 this morning in southwestern Virginia
> below 0 forcast for tonight....
>
> Throwing another cat on the bed,

Randy:

It\'s about the same here in hoosierland. My pussy is sprawled out in front of the wood burning stove as we speak. One of these stoves comes in hand especially if you have some scrap wood from the model railroad in progess...
I can heat the whole house to a comforable 75 degrees provided I can keep feeding it wood. Just like the old days down at the depot.

Date: 01/23/03 16:45
Author: Chessie2018

I can\'t watch a train in this (enter cuss word here) weather and it will be dropping to -0 in Ringgold

placing 100T of coal in the stove I will stay:

Chessie2018

Date: 01/23/03 17:09
Author: nsrayman

currently 14 degrees out side here in the TN Valley , with a forecast low of 7 degrees for morning.

Date: 01/23/03 17:46
Author: wabash2800

nsrayman wrote:

>
> currently 14 degrees out side here in the TN Valley , with a
> forecast low of 7 degrees for morning.

It\'s about O here at Fort Wayne and was 2 below when I left work this morning.

Date: 01/23/03 18:32
Author: timecruncher

Yup. It shore is chilly here in St. Matthews. It was sunny all day, but still didn\'t get above 12 degrees.

And outside Louisville Union Station at 10th & Broadway is still the coldest place on earth in winter!

da timecruncher

Date: 01/23/03 19:40
Author: hallbf

At least you don\'t have to walk to class in this cold. I\'m still trying to warm myself back up. The only good thing is the sky has been perfectly clear with a nice moon making for some nice nightshots, but I\'m afraid I\'d freeze to death going out there.

-Brian

Date: 01/23/03 20:49
Author: n01jd1

Maybe its time to head up to Alaska. I hear its warmer up there than it is here in the lower 48.

Date: 01/23/03 22:52
Re: 3 DOG NIGHT
Author: holiwood

I will have 3 dogs on the bed tonight, maybe 4. Stove full of wood, furnace on, electric heater going.
Very cold and windy here in Woodstock, VA. NS E95 visted the back end of B-Line tonight.
While I was at work at a boarding school, I had a boy get mad and run outside and hide. He was only wearing a tee shirt and sweatpants. I got very cold finding him and I was wearing sweats under winter clothes and field jacket. Found him and got warmed up, but he was cold. DUMB things kids do!

still cold Holiwood

Date: 01/23/03 23:42
Re: So Cold That
Author: LocoBil

Gary Coleman was railfanning trackside while on vacation in the East and was mistaken for a Smurf.
;-)

Loco Bil

Date: 01/24/03 04:27
its a 5 dog nite !
Author: nsrayman

its that cold !

Date: 01/24/03 04:30
Re: its a 5 dog nite !
Author: Throttle_JCKY

-6 out here right now. The midwest is getting it, plus got a little snow (lake effect crap).
As to the coldest railroad location, I can tell ya, it aint Louisville! Farther north by about 150 miles.

Date: 01/24/03 08:25
Armchair wussys
Author: Layshaft

Yesterday it was 19 degrees in NC with a 20 mph wind. I went out 8:30 AM and returned home 3:30 PM and stayed out in it all day, oops, I did go eat lunch for an hour. Dress warm and hope your batteries don\'t die in the cold.

Still thawing out in NC - Layshaft

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0498 seconds