Home Open Account Help 227 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Derry,Pa ???

Date: 07/05/15 09:52
Derry,Pa ???
Author: scoobydoobydoo

How many trains run through daily these days,And if on time what time does Amtrak run through there.Thanks in Advance  Scoobydoobydoo

Date: 07/05/15 09:59
Re: Derry,Pa ???
Author: DJ-12

NS Pgh Line, 40+ trains a day. If you check the amtrak sched for Latrobe, that should give u a guess, as Derry is the next town east if there.

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/15 12:16 by PittsburghMike.

Date: 07/05/15 11:41
Author: railcity

scoobydoobydoo Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How many trains run through daily these days,And
> if on time what time does Amtrak run through
> there.Thanks in Advance  Scoobydoobydoo

About 50 to 60 trains a day in 24 hour period. its way down from 80 plus trains in 2007 to 2008 period, when USA went down in hill for past 6 plus years.

Date: 07/05/15 12:32
Author: NS9743

PittsburghMike Wrote:
> NS Pgh Line, 40+ trains a day. If you check the
> amtrak sched for Latrobe, that should give u a
> guess, as Derry is the next town east if there.
>
> Posted from iPhone

Also use Amtrak's Track a Train. Just put in train number and it will tell exactly where it's at.

Date: 07/05/15 12:51
Author: scoobydoobydoo

I checked Amtraks website and it does not show the Capital limited stoping in Latrobe,pa....Scoob

Date: 07/05/15 12:59
Author: RuleG

scoobydoobydoo Wrote:
> I checked Amtraks website and it does not show the
> Capital limited stoping in Latrobe,pa....Scoob

Amtrak's Pennsylvanian, trains 42 & 43, stop in Latrobe.

Date: 07/05/15 15:47
Author: Lackawanna484

Derry is west of Connpitt, so it would only see a portion of the trains which traverse the West Slope. To see a higher volume, Scoob, you'd need to be closer to Johnstown etc.

Date: 07/05/15 18:30
Author: operatorjoe

The interlocking there is CP-Pack which is derived from packsaddle. I guess that's what location was called in the dim past. 
                                                                                                                                                                                      Joe Cearfoss
                                                                                                                                                                                       Ellwood City, Pa

Date: 07/06/15 09:57
Author: DJ-12

operatorjoe Wrote:
> The interlocking there is CP-Pack which is derived
> from packsaddle. I guess that's what location was
> called in the dim past. 

PACK is actually 9 miles east of Derry at a small village known as Torrance. The closest interlocking about 5 miles west at Latrobe. IIRC, there are a set of position light intermediates just west of "downtown" Derry.

Date: 07/06/15 12:31
Author: operatorjoe

Thanks for the clarification Mike. I just always associated Cp-Pack with the town of Derry.
                                                                                                                                     Joe 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0446 seconds