Home Open Account Help 205 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Rainy day RF&P, Reflections and Stormy skies; July 28

Date: 07/28/15 19:15
Rainy day RF&P, Reflections and Stormy skies; July 28
Author: Railfan94

First time I have been able to get out in a while, and probably the last for a few days, and it was a rather enjoyable few hours, with 17 trains shot in just over 4 hours. Also got some of my favorite shooting conditions, the Rain, and the following hour or two. with no further ado, here's today's catches; 
#1: Just a few minutes before the rains came, Q130 rolled south, and picked up U785-21's conductor and gave him a ride to the head end. 
#2: Human Elements in Railroad photography can be a nice addition, and as seen in these next couple shots, it adds quite a bit. seen here just a couple minutes after the heavens opened, U785's conductor has been given the signal to proceed with the shove move north. 
#3: 13 Minutes later, the head end is finally up, and the conductor is walking to the SAS at Dahlgren Junction Interlocking to board the train, and proceed onto the Sealston Branch. 

Date: 07/28/15 19:17
Re: Rainy day RF&P, Reflections and Stormy skies; July 28

#4: Now snaking onto the Branch, U785-21 with Locomotives 3211 and 3213 goes 3-2-branch track at Dahlgren Junction, with the skies showing no mercy. 
#5: Finally a break in the sky, VRE train P309 heads south with a nice storm cloud in the background. 
#6: One of just 20 of CSX's ACe's leads train Q438-27 north, with a trio behind, powering the lengthy 115 cars. 

Date: 07/28/15 19:21

#7: Likely my favorite from today, VRE train P311 heads south with a rather impressive storm building behind. Most times, i get tired of shooting VRE and Amtrak, but when the opportunity presents itself, take it!
#8: Wish I had a little more time to prepare for this shot, but Dispatch was hogging the air waves so i didn't hear this guy approaching. Minus the big green bush, a nice reflection in a decent sized puddle from the rain on train P313 with locomotive V60 on point. 
#9: Final shot of the night, P066-28 heads north across the Rappahannock as a thin layer of steam rises. 
Hope Everyone Enjoys!!!

Date: 07/28/15 20:04
Author: ddavies

According to the CSX curfew map, this wek is a 2000-0400 curfew, so most trains will run during daylight hours.  :-)

Date: 07/29/15 04:50
Author: jmbreitigan

Well done. Photos 2 & 3 show the RR at work no matter what the weather. 
John

Date: 07/29/15 05:22
Author: ns1000

GREAT stuff....!! I REALLY like the rain pics!!

Date: 07/29/15 08:32
Author: frankgaron3

Seriously great stuff here - very impressed & thanks for sharing!

Date: 07/29/15 10:48
Author: VFPNSFAN

Best bad weather photos I have seen, great work

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.088 seconds