Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > This take stupidity to a new level.

Date: 07/30/15 13:19
This take stupidity to a new level.
Author: wa4umr

A friend sent this link to me.  

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/crazy-man-rolls-under-moving-6163606

At least he chose a tank car, not a well car or a hopper.

John

Date: 07/30/15 13:35
Re: This take stupidity to a new level.
Author: ut-1

Just when you think you've seen it all....

Date: 07/30/15 13:53
Author: EL-SD45-3632

wa4umr Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> A friend sent this link to me.  
>
> http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/crazy-man-
> rolls-under-moving-6163606
>
> At least he chose a tank car, not a well car or a
> hopper.
>
> John

That idiot knew he had a better chance making it to the other side using the tank car. I doubt the this could cause a derailment, you never know.

Date: 07/30/15 13:55
Author: RFandPFan

What a butthole.  I would imagine that his elimination from the gene pool could only improve things!

Date: 07/30/15 14:03
Author: DKay

This just making the early morning news down here in Australia.What an idiot.Local media said after describing the incident......""and it could have derailed the train""!!!!
A  future darwin award candidate for sure.
Regards,DK

Date: 07/30/15 14:24

EL-SD45-3632 Wrote:

> That idiot knew he had a better chance making it
> to the other side using the tank car. I doubt the
> this could cause a derailment, you never know.

I doubt that it would cause a derailment also.  Trains hit cars and truck, rocks and spikes that kids put on the tracks, etc.. and don't normally derail.  Most likely the engineer wouldn't even know if there was a mishap if it was more than a few car back in the train.  If he did, the train wasn't going so fast that he couldn't make a safe stop.  If anything happened it more likely to be a "de-legging" or a "de-arming" or maybe a "total lobotomy plus."  Definitely a defect in the gene pool he leaped out of.

John

Date: 07/30/15 14:37
Author: agentatascadero

It's gruesome to think about or discuss such behavior.  I think the train crew would not even feel it if the guy had been run over by one of the wheels, and, with no caboose crews anymore, there would not be even a witness to such an incident, other than bystanders.  People have been run over by a train many times, and I do not believe there has ever been a derailment caused by the severing of a human body.  I still cringe at the recall of a guy whose body was cut in half at the midsection, and was brought to the ER where I was on duty that fateful day.....attempts to save him were futile.  The one time I was aboard a train that hit a car at a crossing, the impact was hardly felt,  but we all knew something had happened when the train went into emergency.  AA

Stanford White
Carmel Valley, CA

Date: 07/30/15 17:19
Author: P

Um, hitting a person would not cause a derailment.  What a ridiculous statement. 

Date: 07/30/15 18:38
Author: wabash2800

Well, no not usually but if he got hung up in a switch he might. I recall reading about a  moose in Canada that got run over by a train over a switch and it derailed the train. Yea, mosse are big but might not normally derail a train either.

Date: 07/30/15 19:51
Author: DKay

I thought so also,but I think the spoksperson may have been thinking along the lines if the train went into emergency.Not that the crew would have been aware of this idiots antics back in their train, to initiate such an action.
Regards,dK.
.P Wrote:
> Um, hitting a person would not cause a derailment.
>  What a ridiculous statement. 

Date: 07/30/15 22:43
Author: Captain92

Here....hold my beer.

Date: 07/31/15 05:24
Author: EL-SD45-3632

wabash2800 Wrote:
> Well, no not usually but if he got hung up in a
> switch he might. I recall reading about a
>  moose in Canada that got run over by a train
> over a switch and it derailed the train. Yea,
> mosse are big but might not normally derail a
> train either.

A moose is a quite a bit larger and solid than you or I, not a equal comparison of sizes.

Date: 07/31/15 05:26
Author: Frank30

This incident was covered on Boston's ABC station on Thursday night. Almost makes you think this was a well executed
act of stupidity for publicity sake.

Frank30

Date: 07/31/15 06:54
Author: BAB

Now that will be the next youtube thing to do over here. Survivors of the one which doesnt make it will sue the TV station.
> This incident was covered on Boston's ABC station
> on Thursday night. Almost makes you think this was
> a well executed
> act of stupidity for publicity sake.
>
> Frank30

Date: 07/31/15 09:06
Author: TAW

P Wrote:
> Um, hitting a person would not cause a derailment.
>  What a ridiculous statement. 

Remorely possible.

He's diving through a slow moving train at a crossing. If he misses, it is conceivable that most of him will clear the brake rigging on the truck and the hoses will hit (since the remains are on a crossing, not on the ties) and come apart.

At that speed, if there are long light cars (like empty TTX) ahead of heavy cars, the light cars stop before the heavy cars, which climb over the light cars or shove them off the railroad (saw it done- that's why there are train makeup rules).

Stretch, yeah, some, but it could happen.

TAW

Date: 07/31/15 16:26
Author: justalurker66

I saw the video this afternoon on Fox News ... and wished that nobody would show it.
I hope they catch the person and lock him up.

Date: 08/01/15 10:08
Author: goldenlvr

Isn't this type of activity called "testing your limits" which has started a new trend. Like the body builder in California who tried to outrun the train, or the base jumpers trespassing in tall buildings. This seems to be a mentality of young white males who have to prove their manhood. It's an evolution from breaking your arms at the skateboard park to running at trains. You never see Afro American men in such stupitity. My 23 year old grandson agrees with these stunts, "They lived their lives the way they wanted, testing their bravery and endurance". And this is why I'm going broke sending him through college. Maybe this is part due to video games where reality is harmless. I tell my grandson, "You want to face danger just walk south on Stony Island Ave from 69th Street at 8PM, Chicago. 

Date: 08/01/15 12:59

goldenlvr Wrote:
> Isn't this type of activity called "testing your
> limits" which has started a new trend. Like the
> body builder in California who tried to outrun the
> train, or the base jumpers trespassing in tall
> buildings. This seems to be a mentality of young
> white males who have to prove their manhood. It's
> an evolution from breaking your arms at the
> skateboard park to running at trains.

Anyone that want to prove his manhood should go down the street, sign a paper and take an oath to defend this country against all enemies, foreign or domestic.  You can become an “11 Bravo” (Infantry), or become an EOD (Explosive Ordnance Disposal) team member.  How about SEAL training or shooting aircraft off of a carrier deck, one of the most dangerous jobs in the world. Maybe a “Forward Observer” in an artillery unit is more to their liking.  Those are Army and Navy positions.  The Marines and Air Force have some similar positions, I’m just not sure of the job titles.  How much braver does it get when a guy goes out looking for IEDs and then disarming them when he finds them.  On top of the thrills, you get three hots, a cot, work clothing, travel expenses, paid vacation, and all the excitement you can stand.  Just learn to say “Sir” every now and then.

The guy in the video is a fool.  They guys and gals doing the jobs above are heroes.

John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.079 seconds