Home Open Account Help 333 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > BLE Unit at Woodcrest Shops today

Date: 08/01/15 18:26
BLE Unit at Woodcrest Shops today
Author: ns2557

Passed over the IC/CN Yard that passes under I80 at Woodcrest/Marham Yrd mid morning today. Actually turned around and went back to try and get a shot. Long way back on I80 before I managed to find an exit I could do so at. But, it was worth it. This is the first B&LE Unit I have seen in over 30 years or so, so it' s been a long time.  Here is B&LE 910, sitting in the nice bright sun today.  2 questions,  1)  How many of the 900's are still around and 2) Whats with what appears to be some fresh weld marks under the cab?  Thanks for looking and any answers.  Ben

Shot today, August 01, 2015 Woodcrest Shops/Markham Yard,, Chicago area.

Date: 08/01/15 18:30
Re: BLE Unit at Woodcrest Shops today
Author: turntable

Very nice catch... 

Date: 08/02/15 00:33
Author: SD70M

Nice. A BLE unit was working at Kirk IN, when I was over last year- I saw it at Pine Junction. I think it was the 878, but will need to check my notes.

Date: 08/02/15 04:57
Author: SeaboardMan

Ben, are those blueberries still following you around, during small detours, etc?    I really enjoy your posts and following you around the country by the way.
john

Date: 08/02/15 04:58
Author: jmbreitigan

I can't answer your question about the weld marks but it sure looks clean. Thanks for sharing.
John

Date: 08/02/15 13:07
Author: ns2557

SeaboardMan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Ben, are those blueberries still following you
> around, during small detours, etc?    I really
> enjoy your posts and following you around the
> country by the way.
> john

John, Thanks for the nice comments. Unfortunately no, they were delivered to a Jewel Foods Warehouse in Melrose Park Ill, the day befoe. But while at the said W/H I did mange to geta few shots of some IHB power, 2 rare ones at that. The 2142 and the 4010. Not the greatest shots but they will serve my purpose. The other IHB unit was the 3802.   Take care, Be safe.  Ben

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0293 seconds