Home Open Account Help 344 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > TTIS/Corman KY operations

Date: 08/30/15 07:21
TTIS/Corman KY operations
Author: CCMF

What is the normal operating pattern for TTIS from Maysville to Paris, KY ?

Same for RJ Corman Kentucky lines ?

Bill Miller
Galt, ON

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/15 07:21 by CCMF.

Date: 08/30/15 07:47
Re: TTIS/Corman KY operations
Author: K8CNW

I don't believe either operation runs on a normal schedule but there FB gropus covering each. Members seem to keep pretty close tabs on operations. TTI: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1444658492513690/  Lexington, KY railroading that covers the RJC: https://www.facebook.com/groups/316664608433905/

-Brian

Date: 08/30/15 07:48
Author: DJ-12

Bill, unless something has recently changed, I'd suspect that the TTI is very sporadic at the moment. The coal they haul is usually ofthe eastern Kentucky variety, one of the hardest hit areas in the decline of coal shipping.

Date: 08/30/15 10:29
Author: krm152

RJ Corman regularly operates a sand train from Louisville.  It leaves in the late evening, 7-9 PM, on Sun-Thur nights.  The train at least goes to Lexington.  I am not sure though where it actually terminates.  They can haul about 13 heavy gons per SD40.  Train operates with at least two units.   Sometimes a third is added.  Most cars I have seen is 39 with three SD40s.

They also operated an aluminum ingot train through Louisville on an irregular schedule.

ALLEN

Date: 08/30/15 10:49
Author: toledopatch

I was told a few weeks ago that TTI is running one coal set between eastern Kentucky and Maysville. The power runs through with the train to the mine and back. The cycle time is a bit irregular. They're also receiving stone trains from a pit near Mount Vernon, Ky. Don't know how often that runs.

In any case, this information is consistent with an "as-required" operation of the railroad.

Date: 08/30/15 11:06
Author: CCMF

Do you mean CSX power running through ?

Bill Miller
Galt, ON

Date: 08/30/15 12:30
Author: toledopatch

CCMF Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you mean CSX power running through ?

No, TTI.

Date: 08/30/15 13:49
Author: CGTower

The coal train did operate with TTI power, however, one has not run in at least three weeks. TTI has picked up some traffic recently, but it's far from the "good ol days". The stone trains are running as needed...not sure how long that will last however.

Here is a flashback to better days...

CG Tower

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/30/15 14:01 by CGTower.

Date: 09/01/15 05:06
Author: redwood

Bill;   My visit back in  May of this year  showed very little action.  A lone diesel moving cars around the yard.  It seems TTI is  transloading (Actually Unloading) closed hoppers into trucks here in Paris.  I think Coal trains are  timed by the barges on the Ohio River at Maysville.  These Unit coal trains are staged at Ravenna , Ky.      QCMOFO

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0587 seconds