Home Open Account Help 280 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > you like the hi or wide nose ?

Date: 03/02/03 11:01
you like the hi or wide nose ?
Author: nsrayman

Mix of EMD & GE power at the local engine house. 3.1.03 This was the only picture I could salvage from the crummy cloudy / rainy day.

http://www.trainorders.com/media/image-new/img.php?im_id=3449

or

Date: 03/02/03 12:39
Re: you like the hi or wide nose ?
Author: catdaddy79

I\'ll go with hi-hood please.

Date: 03/02/03 14:38
Author: railfan4449

Hi-hood here too, I\'m rather sick of wide nose on NS.

Date: 03/02/03 14:44
Author: CSXDash9

High nose of course!

CSXDash9

Date: 03/02/03 16:13
Author: Chessie2018

High Nose all the way nsrayman

Wishing SOU 4610 was a high nose unit, I shall be:
Chessie2018

Date: 03/02/03 17:22
Author: BCM

High nose too!!! Preferably with matching numberboards...

- BCM

Date: 03/02/03 18:35
Author: stuckintraffic

I would take the high nose any day!! Feel free to lend some to BNSF so I have a chance of seeing them in person once in a while. I saw NS 7083 at Devore CA. a few weeks back, almost dropped the camera hurrying to get the shot.

Date: 03/02/03 20:39
Author: saludamtn

Hi hoods of course. The way God and the SR meant em to be!

Date: 03/03/03 14:08
Author: denisfblake

OK guys, now, how about a "real" railroaders point of view...

High noses suck...That just about says it all. Give me a widebody any time of the day or night for that matter of fact. High noses are drafty cramped and friggin old...Gotta keep a roll of duct tape in my grip to deal with those spartan cabs and those high noses. Visibility out of highnoses, what a darn joke. There is none. Try walking around with a patch over one eye and a 88 inch long extension on your nose that goes from the top of your head to your chin....Then you will see what it is like using a high nose. See, you guys only see things from a fans point of view..That is all well and good..However, there is another point of view, the railroaders and often the 2 clash. This is one of those instances. So, my choice, widebodies as the railroaders call them...BTW, I know, they are widecabs but who is going to argue with the crew? Not me..

Regards,

Denis F. Blake
NS Conductor
Columbus, OH
TTHOTS

Date: 03/03/03 14:08

OK guys, now, how about a "real" railroaders point of view...

High noses suck...That just about says it all. Give me a widebody any time of the day or night for that matter of fact. High noses are drafty cramped and friggin old...Gotta keep a roll of duct tape in my grip to deal with those spartan cabs and those high noses. Visibility out of highnoses, what a darn joke. There is none. Try walking around with a patch over one eye and a 88 inch long extension on your nose that goes from the top of your head to your chin....Then you will see what it is like using a high nose. See, you guys only see things from a fans point of view..That is all well and good..However, there is another point of view, the railroaders and often the 2 clash. This is one of those instances. So, my choice, widebodies as the railroaders call them...BTW, I know, they are widecabs but who is going to argue with the crew? Not me..

Regards,

Denis F. Blake
NS Conductor
Columbus, OH
TTHOTS

Date: 03/03/03 22:00
Author: ls

Hi nose and long hood forward,:-).
Southern Ry one of a kind,:-).

Date: 03/04/03 05:53

Try running like that...Not much fun...
Again, put an appendage on your head that goes from the top of your head to your chin, make that appendage 88 or so inches long and see how much fun you have just walking around..

Regards,

Denis F. Blake
NS Conductor
Columbus, OH
TTHOTS

Date: 03/04/03 05:53

Try running like that...Not much fun...
Again, put an appendage on your head that goes from the top of your head to your chin, make that appendage 88 or so inches long and see how much fun you have just walking around..

Regards,

Denis F. Blake
NS Conductor
Columbus, OH
TTHOTS

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0564 seconds