Home Open Account Help 254 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > South Carolina flooding

Date: 10/05/15 02:23
South Carolina flooding
Author: ubee1964

How badly have NS ad CSX operations been affected in Columbia and Charleston, South Carolina areas?

Date: 10/05/15 04:09
Re: South Carolina flooding
Author: PennPlat

Amtrak Suspends Some Service Along the SoutheastWeather continues to impact some trains operating between Florida and New York City=12ptDue to weather conditions still impacting railroad operations in the Southeast, Amtrak will suspend some services and make adjustments to others along the East Coast for Monday, Oct. 5. =12ptPalmetto Train 90 (Savannah, Ga. - New York City) is canceled. Silver Star Trains 91 & 92 (New York City - Miami) is suspended between New York City and Jacksonville, Fla.=12ptNortheast Regional 84 between Richmond, Va. and New York City, will originate in Washington, D.C. Northeast Regional 94 between Newport News, Va. and Boston will originate in Richmond, Va.=12ptThis information is correct as of the above time and date. Information is subject to change as conditions warrant.=12ptPassengers with travel plans can confirm their train's status, change their plans or review refund information using a range of tools – including Amtrak.com, smartphone apps or by calling 800-USA-RAIL. Service Alerts, Passenger Notices and other announcements are posted at Amtrak.com/alerts.=12ptFollow @Amtrak on Twitter.

Date: 10/05/15 06:42
Author: knotch8

Several washouts reported on the CSX "S" Line between Hamlet, Columbia and Denmark, SC, affecting Amtrak's Silver Star as well as local freights.  Several other lines have flooding, too.

It's not just railroads.  I-95, the main north-south artery through this part of South Carolina, is closed for 74 miles between the I-26 interchange and the I-20 interchange.

This will be a long time getting cleaned up.

Date: 10/05/15 06:59
Author: garr

What is amazing is that we were forewarned, http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?2,3857291,page=1, by kansas1. He was spot on, yet there were naysayers stating that this should not have been posted because it was not a railroad related topic. Truely amazing in my book.

Yes, Columbia was hit along with the vast majority of SC. It will be interesting to see what lines are impacted and what the recovery time will be.

Jay

Date: 10/05/15 21:26
Author: GenePoon

There is now a report of major damage to a CSX bridge north of Charleston SC on the
former Atlantic Coast Line.

Unconfirmed (i.e., non-official, non-CSX) repair estimates range up to a few weeks.

http://ccrail.com/storm-of-biblical-proportions-in-southeast-fouling-amtrak-service/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/15 21:29 by GenePoon.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.059 seconds