Home Open Account Help 318 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > TBT - CMSL "Railroad Excursion for the Hungry" in Nov. 2009

Date: 11/26/15 19:17
TBT - CMSL "Railroad Excursion for the Hungry" in Nov. 2009
Author: OCtrainguy

I was recently going through some photos and came across some photos of a Cape May Seashore Lines excursion on November 8, 2009.  I figured this would be great for a "Throw Back Thursday".  This train started in Tuckahoe and ran up to Richland.  From Richland, the train ran back down to Tuckahoe before going down to Woodbine and back to Tuckahoe.  If I remember correctly, the event was called "Railroad Excursion for the Hungry".  Lehigh Valley F7A 576 was on the north end with PRR GP9 7000 on the south end.   Here are a few photos from that day.

1.  The train at Tuckahoe before leaving 
2.  Heading to Richland as it passes the siding in Milmay
3.  The train leaving Richland

A few more to follow..

Date: 11/26/15 19:22
Re: TBT - CMSL "Railroad Excursion for the Hungry" in Nov. 2009
Author: OCtrainguy

Continuing the photos.

4.  A quick stop was made in Tuckahoe on the southbound trip with the PRR engine next to one of the CNJ Blue Comet observation cars.
5.  Part of the train ride included a photo runby in Woodbine where the former Reading crossed the former PRR (now a rail trail) 
6.  After the runby, the train reversed to go pick up the passengers that chose to photo the runby.

Hope you enjoy.  Wishing everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! 

Date: 11/27/15 06:34
Author: Out_Of_Service

i stopped by one day and caught Tony and the boys making a move to push some cars further back south of the Tuckahoe station ... they were having trouble with a bell ringer with one of the GP units ...

Date: 11/27/15 06:36

cpl more

Date: 11/27/15 06:44

was a lousy day for photos ... major overcast and it was late in the day ...

being i hired on Amtrak in the mid 70s there's a real good chance i had riden in the one Amtrak caboose ...

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0553 seconds