Home Open Account Help 325 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Deshler Railfans & Historians in mourning

Date: 04/16/03 12:23
Deshler Railfans & Historians in mourning
Author: DeshlerRailfan

We, at the Bartlow Township Historical Society, are mourning the loss of our vice-president, Randy Newell. Randy passed unexpectedly on Sunday, at the age of 43.

Randy, along with his wife, were instrumental in making Railroads & Heritage Days festival a reality. Randy enjoyed stopping by with his family to watch trains and snag some chicken at the Crossroads Park. At the funeral, I was brought to tears as I paid tribute to all his efforts. Anyone that has been to Railroad & Heritage Days or the Crossroads Park, a.k.a. "the train park" in Deshler has benefited from Randy\'s effort.

Randy is now in good company with Don Rutter. May both rest in Peace. They are two men railfans are indebted too. Both are now watching us from above.

Please keep Randy\'s family in your thoughts and prayers,

Bill Shaffer,
President, Bartlow Township Historical Society
DRF
KC8SLN

Date: 04/16/03 13:44
Re: Deshler Railfans & Historians in mourning
Author: cgtower

Bill:

I am shocked and saddened at this loss. Our thoughts and prayers are with everyone who knew Randy.

I will see that the Deshler Website webmaster gets this message to post on the site.

Regards,

Eric

CG Tower

Date: 04/16/03 17:22
Re: Deshler Railfans & Historians in mourning
Author: Ster2Block

Bill,

I am currently at the Orrville, Ohio depot with the Loop during our meeting. Tonight we are watching old steam videos as a main course, since trains were sort of dead.

I stumbled on this post, informed the guys, and they wish for me now to give our condolences to you and your crew from the CSX Sterling Loop.

We are saddened to hear of this.

In our prayers,
Ster 2 Block

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0359 seconds