Home Open Account Help 309 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Another round of Alpha layoffs, this time former B&O lines

Date: 02/05/16 18:25
Another round of Alpha layoffs, this time former B&O lines
Author: msullivan1993

CHARLESTON, W.Va. — Alpha Natural Resources has issued WARN notices to more than 330 employees at four mines in West Virginia.The notices were issued to four mines, Jackson Bridge 1 Mine, Mine #4, Sumter Mine and 7 Pines Surface Mine in Braxton and Webster counties and the Erbacon Processing Plant.

http://wchstv.com/news/local/alpha-natural-resources-issues-warn-notices-to-333-wv-workers

I believe most of these are located on the former B&O Cowen Sub, now A&O, in Webster WV (SW of Grafton) and Erbacon, WV towards Cowen.  I'm not sure of A&O ops but I'm wondering if this could be nearing the final hurrah for the Cowen Sub.  And the casualties keep climbing...

Date: 02/05/16 19:05
Re: Another round of Alpha layoffs, this time former B&O lines
Author: wheelnrail

Not a good year for miners nor the state of West Virginia. One has to wonder how severely the state coffers have been depleted because of all this.

Date: 02/05/16 19:18
Author: DJ-12

This is the Brooks Run Mine near Erbacon, which is the last active mine below Hampton Jct on the Cowen Sub. Not good at all.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 02/05/16 20:55
Author: msullivan1993

PittsburghMike Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is the Brooks Run Mine near Erbacon, which is
> the last active mine below Hampton Jct on the
> Cowen Sub. Not good at all.
>
> Posted from iPhone

So there's no traffic left online south of Hampton Jct then?  That definitely isn't good...this could be the final hurrah for the Cowen Sub then.  I definitely need to get that way ASAP.

Date: 02/05/16 21:01
Author: DJ-12

No coal...there is a wood products mill at Heaters and car storage to the Elk River at Burnsville.

Posted from iPhone

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/05/16 21:10 by PittsburghMike.

Date: 02/06/16 05:33
Author: bridgeportsub

And Stella Jones loading ties at Burnsville.

GRS

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0479 seconds