Home Open Account Help 360 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Delaware Lackawanna

Date: 02/10/16 06:02
Delaware Lackawanna
Author: drsilverstreak

Quick question.  Is the NS Delaware Lackawanna interchange still at Slateford or am I too late?

One more thing: Are they running Saturday or Sunday on the weekend if still interchanging there?

Oh, just one more thing: Where is a good place(s) to catch it if I get the chance?

Many thanks to whoever can help.

Date: 02/10/16 07:18
Re: Delaware Lackawanna
Author: toledopatch

When I was there in September they ran to Slateford/Portland on Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. I have not heard about the Portland Turns out of Scranton being discontinued since then. For each of two chases - one on a Saturday, the other the following Thursday - I went to Scranton first thing and chased the train east. It helps to have a good navigator because some of the better locations, such as Gouldsboro and Tobyhanna, are not on the main road (although Toby's relatively easy to find). For my second chase I just went straight to Gouldsboro once the train left Scranton because I wanted to make sure I got the across-the-water shot there. On that trip they highballed straight through Toby but worked Mount Pocono and Cresco eastbound and Mount Pocono westbound (that was at sunset). They set off their NS-bound cars at Slateford Junction and then ran down to Portland to pick up the inbound train, with the NS crew waiting for them to hook and go so they could run up to Slateford.

The Saturday trip I chased left Scranton with only two cars. I let it go at Tobyhanna because of that and advancing bad weather.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/16 09:05 by toledopatch.

Date: 02/10/16 08:11
Re: Delaware Lackawanna
Author: rev66vette

They are still interchanging at Slateford....I've found that Tuesdaya and Thursdays are usually better....FWIW

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1265 seconds