Home Open Account Help 242 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Robert Plant Double Naught

Date: 02/10/16 15:56
Robert Plant Double Naught
Author: TrainCatcher

Intermittent snow showers with small pockets of sun occasionally passing through the midwest today.  I was monitoring the scanner/sun status while doing some work around the house when I heard CSX train Q389 request permission to depart Garrett with CSX 3300 in the lead.  A quick check of any openings in the cloud cover gave me enough optimism to drive west 3 - 4 miles to East Avilla for a slight chance.  As the train approached, gates down, sun pops for a short period and I'm there with my camera in position.  I was very pleased to have gotten a shot in this awful weather mess and sang Robert Plant's "Shine It All Around" now song from the Mighty Rearranger album as I drove home.  Westbound CSX mixed freight, Q389-09 at Lemper road with CSX ET44AH (Hammer) double naught 3300 leading CSX boxcarred 202 and BNSF swooshes: 9076 & 9063 on two track at 1348.

FDF

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/16 17:51 by TrainCatcher.

Date: 02/11/16 03:42
Re: Robert Plant Double Naught
Author: jmbreitigan

Nice.

Date: 02/11/16 05:40
Author: jwl1973

Very nice!

Date: 02/11/16 13:19
Author: jbohdan2

Sometimes it pays off to take that chance and drive off in the hope that a sucker hole opens up in those thick clouds.  It really pays off when it does.

Date: 02/11/16 17:29
Author: TrainCatcher

jbohdan2 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sometimes it pays off to take that chance and
> drive off in the hope that a sucker hole opens up
> in those thick clouds.  It really pays off when
> it does.

It also helps to live close to a mainline.

FDF

Date: 02/12/16 03:21
Author: ICG

Love Robert Plant.  Saw the Mighty Rearranger tour back in 2005. His music is a must on all road trips.      Tom Paris    Louisville KY

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0299 seconds