Home Open Account Help 318 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A Trip to Ohio

Date: 05/29/16 11:24
A Trip to Ohio
Author: AT0315

Hello all,

It's been quite some time since my last post here. The usual busy end of semester stuff soaked up most of my photo-posting time, although I have been out railfanning quite a bit over the last several weeks. I traditionally make a trip out to Ohio each May to visit friends and fellow railfans. ​Here are some highlights from my trip this past week.

Photo 1: After arriving in Pittsburgh on Amtrak's westbound Pennsylvanian last Sunday, I hadn't been off the train for an hour yet and we were already at it. 20E rolls through CP Pitt and the Pittsburgh Station at dusk.​

Photo 2: We spent Wednesday in Deshler and Fostoria, two really fantastic spots to railfan. A huge Q342-24 rolls northward into Deshler ​with CSX's Atlantic Coast Line emblem unit in the lead.

Photo 3: ​One of Thursday's highlights was chasing Norfolk Southern's Office Car Special. We first caught it west of Toledo and then we barely managed to beat it to Sandusky Bay, which is where we see it here.

Date: 05/29/16 11:31
Re: A Trip to Ohio
Author: refarkas

Great images. Your NS OCS on the bridge is my favorite.
Bob

Date: 05/29/16 11:31
Author: AT0315

Photo 4: Later on Thursday, New York Central heritage unit 1066 led loaded coal train 576 westward out of Conway. Here it is barreling through Leetonia, Ohio with the Leetonia Tower in the background. The train also had a pair of helpers (SD40-2 3350 and SD40E 6353) pushing. Those were cut off east of Alliance and returned to Conway.

Photo 5: Yesterday we spent a full day in Berea, one of my favorite spots. A grand total of 60 freights were seen over the course of the day. Q166 roars past the Berea Union Depot Taverne with a suprise pair of UP widecabs in charge (usually this train hosts CP power). In the background, BE Tower is sitting right in the middle of the action as NS trains i87 and 26T are also passing by.

Thanks for looking. Hopefully I will upload more highlights from this trip soon.
Adam Twombly​​​

Date: 05/29/16 16:12
Author: 3rdswitch

Great bunch!
JB

Date: 05/30/16 05:06
Author: ns1000

Nice pics!!  I like Pic 4!!

Date: 05/31/16 12:12
Author: Linndale

Shot at Berea is super nice!  

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0476 seconds