Home Open Account Help 323 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Charlotte questions

Date: 06/28/16 06:53
NS Charlotte questions
Author: chrisbutts

I just got back from a quick trip to Charlotte NC; family-related but did manage to sneak in some railfanning and was hoping someone can help me with a couple NS symbols:

-Friday the 24th, early morning a NS local departed Charlotte yard with some haz mat tanks (with spacer cars) but it also had an ex-N&W caboose on the rear (NS 555084).  
-Saturday (25th), saw the same local power with a cut of cars going back towards Charlotte yard late morning; mostly tank cars from the Cargill plant south of uptown
-Sunday afternoon at 5pm caught a southbound NS manifest at the ADM mill, heard the crew mention to the DS on the scanner that they were a 16,000 ton train (they had power problems); about half the train was loaded scrap cars so I assume this train would be 337 to Charleston SC (I see a Nucor Steel mill there)

Thanks,
Chris

Date: 06/28/16 09:09
Re: NS Charlotte questions
Author: NS2501

Not sure of the exact symbol of the local you saw, but there are several Charlotte-based locals or locals that run into Charlotte, including P44, P43, P41, P53, and the Camp Green job (usually runs as PC08). Hopefully someone else knows the exact train you saw.

Posted from Android

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/28/16 14:28 by NS2501.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0415 seconds