Home Open Account Help 332 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Rockslide on double stack route near Pittsburgh?

Date: 06/29/16 01:56
NS Rockslide on double stack route near Pittsburgh?
Author: JPB

Anybody know any details? Non-DS traffic is not impacted.

http://www.nscorp.com/content/nscorp/en/shipping-tools/shipping-news-and-alerts/rockslide-near-pittsburghpa.html

Apparently at least two double stack trains, I5Z-28 (Harrisburg to Chicago) and 20Q (Chicago to Morrisville), have detoured via the Southern Tier and the Sunbury Line via Binghamton on 6/28/16. 20Q is departing Binghamton southward toward Harrisburgas I type at 7:50 AM.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/16 04:52 by JPB.

Date: 06/29/16 05:40
Re: NS Rockslide on double stack route near Pittsburgh?
Author: wmfan3798

Happened Tuesday night on the south side in the area between the West End Circle and Station Square. Affected the Mon Line and Carson St. Happens a few times a year. Everything is back open and running normally again.

Ernie

Posted from Android

Date: 06/29/16 14:13
Re: NS Rockslide on double stack route near Pittsburgh?
Author: csxmonsubfan

Word now is that the street and railroad will be closed for at least another week. Inspection today revealed more loose boulders and rock than first believed existed. KDKA TV News story

Date: 06/29/16 15:06
Re: NS Rockslide on double stack route near Pittsburgh
Author: illini73

Official update from NS today (one track now open):

Pittsburgh Rockslide Update

Date: 06/29/16 19:08
Re: NS Rockslide on double stack route near Pittsburgh
Author: RuleG

I saw a double stack on the Mon Line behind Station Square on my way home from work. 

This evening, I had to meet someone at the Amtrak station and was surprised to see 4 trains passing through the station during a 40-minute period.  Perhaps one of them was rerouted off the Mon Line.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0323 seconds