Home Open Account Help 334 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Franklin Materials Crab Orchard, TN Operations

Date: 07/18/16 19:48
Franklin Materials Crab Orchard, TN Operations
Author: gp60m143

I am going to be in TN next week and would like to explore this railroad, can someone advise of its operations? Thanks.

Date: 07/18/16 20:41
Re: Franklin Materials Crab Orchard, TN Operations
Author: Fireman424

well the best luck I had was on a Monday or a Friday morning. The runs vary I was once out there and they ran at like 400am to beat the heat I have also seen them run on thursday and not friday. So I would suggest just to get there first thin g and wait to see what switching they are doing, I wait by the highway overpass normally in Crab Orchard. The EMD lease unit has been leading heading toward Rockwood with the GE leading coming back. Disclaimer, I live 500 miles away but go through here numerous times a year so this is the best from those trips. Good luck maybe someone from closer can give you better info.

Randy Allard

Date: 07/18/16 22:09
Author: dan7366

They departed Crab Orchard for Rockwood ~ 1 pm EST on 7/18/16, with the leased unit leading.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/16 22:10 by dan7366.

Date: 07/19/16 06:52
Author: leroy82646

dan7366 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> They departed Crab Orchard for Rockwood ~ 1 pm EST
> on 7/18/16, with the leased unit leading.
To add a bit to Dan's post; what seems to be happening is a more irregular pattern of runnin than has been in the past...  It's best to show up and hope for the best... We live about 50 or so miles from the Crab Orchard - Rockwood area, so it aint a big deal for us... Sadly, what ya normally see with loads is a low hood leaser leading... The good news is that the high hood GE's generally lead the mtys back... The Piny Creek trestle is a great place to photograph them runnin back to Crab Orchard...

Good luck,
leroy

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0335 seconds