Home Open Account Help 368 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Not you're Pappy's TP&W (and maybe 1 other)

Date: 07/25/16 17:57
Not you're Pappy's TP&W (and maybe 1 other)
Author: ns2557

Well at least the trackage ain't changed. Out on the Western Edge of Indiana along the ol TP&W right on the In/Il state Line for that matter. Followed this one west out of Kentland In. along US52 this afternoon. Had plenty of time to get ahead of this one, seeing how it was only making a "scorching the rails" 10mph. Here is G&W Family Painted GP50 5015 lettered for the TP&W along with 2 recent acquisitions, those being ex RCPE/DME SD40-2 3441 & 3443..  Nice to find something moving along this track. Usually it's hit or miss for me when I get out this way.

Shot 2. This is another one of those, well you're in the area, lets see if the KB&S is doing anything.  They must have been just closing shop for the days work as most of the crew was just departing when I stopped on the shldr here across from their shops at Iroquois Jct Il. All 6 of their units are here, Those would be the 702/701/703/706 on the right and 704/705 on the left. Over the years I have managed to shoot all of their units with the exception of the 706, and today was no different. It was buried by the shop, behind the 704/705.  One of these days, I'll get it.

Thanks for looking. Sure do like the ol Standard Cabs seen in these 2 views. Never thought I'd say that years ago. My how time has changed.   Take care all. Ben

Date: 07/25/16 18:52
Re: Not you're Pappy's TP&W (and maybe 1 other)
Author: SCKP187

Cool photos.  It is nice to see so many standard cabs on a short line all in the same paint and kept clean.  Great stuff.
Brian Stevens

Date: 07/26/16 04:52
Re: Not you're Pappy's TP&W (and maybe 1 other)
Author: HB90MACH

Not long ago that was a string of blue and yellow alcos

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0315 seconds