Home Open Account Help 335 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > ATCS for NS Central Kentucky - 1st District

Date: 07/26/16 13:21
ATCS for NS Central Kentucky - 1st District
Author: Grover

Recently installed ATCS files for NS Central KY, in preparation for visit.  Install kit does not include .ini file.  Can someone provide server address for 1st District.  TIA

Date: 07/26/16 14:12
Re: ATCS for NS Central Kentucky - 1st District
Author: howeld

Unless the layout has been changed the server address is listed on the layout. If not I will look when I get home and reply with the address.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/26/16 14:23

Thanks Howeld.  I'm an ATCS user in Harrisburg, PA.  Will be visiting my son in Georgetown, KY.  I imported MCP file and layout OK, however zip file for Central KY does not include  .ini file.  I don't see server info on the dispatcher screen.  Appreciate any help you can provide.  Grover in PA.

Date: 07/26/16 14:41

Ok. It will be a few hours before I get to a computer. In the mean time there is a database under the files section on the Yahoo group that should list the info your looking for.
You can try: NSCentral.mooo.com Port: 4806

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/26/16 15:49
Author: wheelnrail

The ATCS server for the 1st District, and ALL of the CNO&TP, is offline. The server host's IP address, or something pertaining to the server, was hacked last year. As a response, the host took all the feeds down and all are now offline. All that remains online is the CNO&TP stretch between Cincinnati Gest St. Yard, and Rice, KY, hosted by Tower A. I could be wrong, and would love to know if they have in fact returned online, but unfortunately thats all we have for ATCS coverage on the "Rathole".

Date: 07/26/16 16:29

It would appear that you are correct that the server is no longer online.

You can use: inrd.gotdns.com port:4800

This will give you the north end up Erlanger hill and perhaps a bit farther if weather is right. I'm getting as far as Rice currently. If you see a train going south then you have at least an hour before it gets to Georgetown.

Posted from iPhone

Date: 07/26/16 18:01

Thanks all.  I'm able to connect to inrd.gotdns.com and receive data, however dispatcher display still does not work.  Perhaps MCPs were not imported correctly.  Might fool with it some later.  Thanks.  Grover in PA

Date: 07/26/16 18:24
Author: K8DTI

It's not at Tower A anymore.  It's about 6 feet to my left.  :-)  Receiving from high atop Fairview Hill.

wheelnrail Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The ATCS server for the 1st District, and ALL of
> the CNO&TP, is offline. The server host's IP
> address, or something pertaining to the server,
> was hacked last year. As a response, the host took
> all the feeds down and all are now offline. All
> that remains online is the CNO&TP stretch between
> Cincinnati Gest St. Yard, and Rice, KY, hosted by
> Tower A. I could be wrong, and would love to know
> if they have in fact returned online, but
> unfortunately thats all we have for ATCS coverage
> on the "Rathole".

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0397 seconds