Home Open Account Help 312 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CM dispatcher ... we have a problem ...

Date: 07/24/03 15:18
CM dispatcher ... we have a problem ...
Author: ddavies

Had just shot Q398 at Shenandoah Jct, WV (SHEN interlocking) when I heard him call emergency. The air wasn\'t coming up, so the conductor had to walk the train. Found the problem at the Duffields crossing, the last 8 cars had broken away because of a broken knuckle. Trains quickly backed up behind him, so I got a number of pics at one location once he moved east.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/09/12 16:59 by ddavies.

Date: 07/24/03 15:33
Re: CM dispatcher ... we have a problem ...
Author: CSXSD70AC

Mr. Davies,

Excellent pics! I like the new signals I think you can see them way better in the daylight than the CPL\'s. Up here on the New Castle sub we will be looking at CPL\'s for at least a while longer... You have any good pics of 8729? Could use some for modeling purposes.

TIA,

JRF

Date: 07/24/03 15:52

Only about 60, but it was almost always in a moving train ;-) I have three of 8744 parked at Doswell that may be better. What area of the units are you looking for?

Date: 07/24/03 15:55

Thats alot of pics of 1 unit! I need the usual, front,rear, both sides and roof. Mostly for decal placement. Most recent is best in case of any changes made to it...

TIA,

JRF

Date: 07/24/03 16:14

Three pics put into the image area under model railroading, as they are close crops of just the engine for decal placement use.

Date: 07/24/03 16:28

David,

Those are exactly what I need. Since P2K may not do the "I" cab SD60 I am gonna chop a nose on a P2K SD60M and model 8729.

Thanks again!

JRF

Date: 07/24/03 16:49
Author: dharris

Just added 8732 in the image library, too. Hope it helps a bit. First one of these I saw in the new paint.

dharris

Date: 07/24/03 17:05

Mr. Harris,

Thanks, any pics of the SD60I\'s are a great help. Wish I could build a model fleet of these units. I really like them...

JRF

Date: 07/25/03 01:20
Author: JohnZuna

Well, it was certainly nice to finally meet Mr. Davies firsthand yesterday. That was the first knuckle I ever had to change out on that Q398 yesterday. It really wasn\'t as bad as I thought. It was even nicer that I didn\'t have to carry the thing, as a signal maintainer was close by and drove up to the head end and helped me replace the broken one. I don\'t know what I would do if I had to carry the thing the entire length of the train, but I suppose I would have come up with an idea!

-John Zuna

Date: 07/25/03 05:26
Author: GPutz

So that\'s why there weren\'t many westbounds over Sand Patch yesterday. Thanks, Dave. Gerry

Date: 07/25/03 06:08

135 and 375 made it before the problem (which only lasted an hour and a half). Q400 stopped just short, and continued on through when it was determined that everything was on the rails. Three trains were held for a time in Brunswick, Q217, Q416 and a hopper train, only Q217 would have gone on over Sandpatch. I think the hopper I saw was E725, but #5 was not the leader. Think it was 276.

If you are not on the patch at the crack of dawn, there isn\'t much during mid day except 135 and 137 westbound and the eastbound P030.

Did you just stay the day? of course, for you it is probably less than 100 miles.

Date: 07/25/03 08:50
Author: dputz

If you are not on the patch at the crack of dawn, there isn\'t much during mid day except 135 and 137 westbound and the eastbound P030.

We didn\'t see 135 or 137.

We saw an R217, and the E725, and heard Q416 entering the yard. E725 had 276 and 686 trailing behing 5 and 49.

We were up there at about 9 or 9:30 and didn\'t see or hear anything till about noon.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0407 seconds