Home Open Account Help 288 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CRPA October 29 Conference - Storrs CT

Date: 08/24/16 07:07
CRPA October 29 Conference - Storrs CT
Author: Dave_Saums

The Center for Railroad Photography & Art, headquartered in Madison WI, is sponsoring their first regional railroad photography, writing, and art conference. 

Date:  October 29, 2016
Cost:  $95
Website:  http://www.railphoto-art.org/conferences/northeast-2016/

If you have not been familiar with or attended one of the CRPA annual conferences, held in Lake Forest IL in April, at Lake Forest College, I highly recommend attending the Storrs regional conference if you would like to get an understanding of what goes on and how this is structured.

Presenters at Storrs include Jim Shaughnessy, Jack Swanberg, Victor Hand, and others.  Look for the full program and registration information on the website link above.

If you do attend and have to travel overnight, be aware that the largest number of area hotels are in the Hartford-Rocky Hill-Manchester CT area, requiring a drive to and from Storrs.  There aren't any hotels right around the UConn campus.  There is Amtrak Northeast Corridor and ConnDOT/MTA service along the NEC and Springfield lines, of course, but that also requires getting from stations to the rural UConn campus location.

I have attended all twelve of the most recent, of thirteen national conferences at Lake Forest.  It is the single highlight of the year for me.  I highly recommend that you give this careful thought if railroad photography, writing, history, and art are of importance to you.

Dave Saums
Amesbury MA USA

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0804 seconds