Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Bridges and brakes...

Date: 08/25/16 19:16
Bridges and brakes...
Author: Forever-Railfan-45

Went to Conway today to try and get some pictures of the trains coming over the OC bridge and that part of the day worked out. While at Conway I had a frozen caliper which almost set my left front brake on fire; smoke was rolling off that front caliper pretty good when I got to Midas.  Turns out the break hose had a tear inside of it not allowing the brake fluid to escape and release the caliper. Went to Midas in Sewickley and they did an outstanding job. They saved me around $200 as it was not the caliper but the brake line as they also originally thought it was the caliper as well but the manager there decided to open the bleeder for the brake line and voila it was the brake hose. Thank you God. IF we would have driven with the brake like that the consequences I believe would not have as good. Did catch a nice new Tier 4 though on I4Z. Have no idea on what the westbound stack train was coming over the bridge.  Have a good start to the weekend all...

Date: 08/25/16 19:39
Re: Bridges and brakes...
Author: Out_Of_Service

i had a sticking caliper and it froze to the rotor and the bearing got so hot it just melted and broke off ...thank god i was just on the ramp and not on the highway ... ...photo #1 was taken under the highway billboard rt 65 just enough room for a vehicle to pull off ... nice shots ...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/25/16 19:41 by Out_Of_Service.

Date: 08/25/16 20:44
Author: SCKP187

Impressive bridge shots.
Brian Stevens

Date: 08/26/16 13:18
Author: ns1000

It sounds like you had an interesting trip.......

I REALLY like Pic 1!!

Date: 08/26/16 16:56
Author: wa4umr

You could have set off a defect detector.  Oh, I know they only look at what is passing on the tracks but it sounds like you were hot enough that it would have set one off.  Sometimes you luck out.  Nice pictures so I guess the trip was worth it.  That brake problem would have happened somewhere else if you hadn't been foaming, maybe in a much worse spot.

John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0488 seconds