Home Open Account Help 353 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Pan Am Schedule Waterville East

Date: 08/28/16 11:27
Pan Am Schedule Waterville East
Author: RS11

Does Pan Am have a set schedule for the train that runs from Waterville, ME to Northern Maine Jct. (Hermon) for interchange?  Does the crew deadhead home, flip on another train, or take rest then take another train back to Waterville?
Is there a schedule for the train that once in a while goes to Mattawamkeag?  Does that train come out of Waterville and make it to Mattawamkeag?
Is Pan Am running to Bucksport anymore?  Last I knew they were still hauling away the paper mill in pieces.  Talk about a sad thing.
What time does the Hinkley job leave for Hinkley and what time does it return?

Any info you would have for anything east of Waterville would be appreciated.  I can't imagine Pan am running more than one train east out of Waterville so it would be helpful to know when if it is anywhere near scheduled.  Thanks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/16 11:27 by RS11.

Date: 08/28/16 13:50
Re: Pan Am Schedule Waterville East
Author: JPB

So here's a lengthy thread from railroad.net re: ops on Pan Am DIstrict 1 between Waterville and N Maine Jct.

http://www.railroad.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=55&t=103727&hilit=N+Maine+Jct&start=1350

Apparently there are crews to run trains 5 days per week with one train in each direction, I believe. But track conditions are poor athough some maintenance my be happening.
As for trains to Mattawamkeag, I believe this is very sporadic and occurs when there cars of used ties to take to Permatreat. The overhead Canadian maritimes traffic on this line now runs via CMQ at N Maine Jct to/from Irving's New Brunswick Southern at Brownsville Jct.

Date: 08/28/16 14:04
Re: Pan Am Schedule Waterville East
Author: RS11

JPB...thanks for the info.  Appreciated.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.6971 seconds