Home Open Account Help 269 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Monroe La last evening

Date: 08/28/16 15:39
Monroe La last evening
Author: ns2557

Continuing on my journeys. On my way to Orlando Fl for a delvry Tuesday morn, then wb for Colorado after that.  Last evening found me in the greater Monroe La area for a quick pass by.

In the shot here, I found a WB lead by KCS 4033 with an interesting 3rd unit. The KCS 7009. One of the remaining straight SD60's on KCS. I got skunked on getting shots of the 7009 tho. Seems they were flat switching and kicking cars back into the yard while 4033 was getting out of town, Did get a shot of the 4033 by the yard office here tho, just not the one I wanted.  (Really would have liked a shot of the 7009, as I don't see many of them while I am near KCS Tracks, even over in KC at Knoche Yrd, they seem to be a rare bird.

But patience paid off I guess. The Yard job was KCS 2026/2821/2919 which I duly got shots of. But the WB had a DPU on it, in the form of KCS 4703.  Here, in the shot, one gets to see the 4703, in it's DPU mode passing the yard job, with KCS 2026.  Not a bad evening. These were the only trains to be seen btwn here and Vicksburg Ms at the state line on my way east. Stopped in Tallulah La for the night.   Just thought I'd share a glimpse of evening ops on the KCS in La.  Ya'll take care.  Ben

Date: 08/29/16 07:26
Re: Monroe La last evening
Author: sp8192

KCS 7009 is a SD50, ex Conrail 6828.  KCS does not have anymore SD60's on the roster.   They sent them all down to the KCSM.

Date: 08/29/16 08:34
Re: Monroe La last evening
Author: SCKP187

Nice evening shot Ben---hard to find a place to put your rig in that area  I would think.
Brian Stevens

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0416 seconds