Home Open Account Help 366 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > When will CSX learn??

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

Date: 08/03/03 20:09
When will CSX learn??
Author: Ster2Block

That pavement on crossings is JUNK!! This is the 3rd or 4th time in 3 years that CSX has had to replace the pavement at Kauffman Ave here in Sterling, Ohio. Why do they keep doing this over and over again? About once a year they have to rip it up and start over.

This is Kauffman Ave in Sterling, Ohio, in both pictures. The first one is the crossing itself, and the second is of Q278 putting through there.

Along with Kauffman, Blough and Shorle Rd.\'s to the east are also closed, making for only one crossing between Sterling and Rittman, that being "Brick Rd.", CR 504.

Date: 08/03/03 20:41
Re: When will CSX learn??
Author: wnyfan

Have no idea without further info. Are they replaceing ties or rail in your area? That was what occurred here recently. Many crossings were tore up one at a time. I have no idea of the situation in your area, but your headline of when they will learn seems a little extreme. CSX is doing proper maintainance through your area. Why is that a problem? It will continue. Live with it Tony.

Date: 08/03/03 20:45
Author: Pj

I find the pavement crossings up here in the northeast is WAY better than all those wood crossings that I find in North Carolina! Wood crossings tend to take a much worse beating, however they are much cheaper to install..

Date: 08/03/03 20:47
Did I do a bad job?

Of explaining that "CSX is taking out the old pavement and putting in new". So what would that mean?

Man, biting my tongue.

Ster 2

Date: 08/03/03 20:54

why have they ripped up these crossings so many times in so few years?

Date: 08/03/03 20:55

Because pavement is junk, and it becomes almost unusable by automobiles in about a years time...it wares away.

They should try concrete.

Ster 2

Date: 08/03/03 21:10

I don\'t really care about this thread of yours. When are you coming up here as promised? The Donahue gang are waiting for your well publicized appearance. Have you had a change of heart, or unable to make it? Or just chickened out? Let me know. Sometimes money can be a problem. I understand. Take care.

Date: 08/04/03 00:43
Author: cnwjag

wnyfan wrote:

> I don\'t really care about this thread of yours. When are you
> coming up here as promised? The Donahue gang are waiting for
> your well publicized appearance. Have you had a change of
> heart, or unable to make it? Or just chickened out? Let me
> know. Sometimes money can be a problem. I understand. Take
> care.
>
If you don\'t care about the thread, why are you answering it? Are you going to run it up to 157 replies?

--jag

Date: 08/04/03 03:14
Re:Budget
Author: ge13031

Lets see
$50,000 to fix it every year
$2,000,000 to fix it once, right
You do the math

PS: Automobiles ain\'t tearing up that crossing

Date: 08/04/03 06:38
Re:Budget
Author: supersock

Sounds like the same old CSX drainage probs that they have around alot of their crossings.

Date: 08/04/03 08:21
Author: ellissimon

Ster2Block wrote:

> Because pavement is junk, and it becomes almost unusable by
> automobiles in about a years time...it wares away.
>
> They should try concrete.
>
> Ster 2
>
> [%sig%]

In Oceanside, NY, LIRR just install precast concrete roadway bolted down into newly installed concrete ties. Only downside is women might break their high heels (and ankles) if they fall into the holes where the bolts are when they cross the tracks.

Date: 08/04/03 08:38
Re: We've already been over this...
Author: CSX_CO

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?f=2&i=143991&t=143892

CSX has to pay for the upkeep of the crossings, so they do the best they can. Money has to come from somewhere! So when faced with repaving a crossing in your beloved little town, or doing some good on the mainline, I think the mainline would win out everytime.

And, every RR has crossings like this. So it just isn\'t CSX. Get over it, move on, and they\'ll fix it when they get to it.

Practice Safe CSX

Date: 08/04/03 09:13
Take "The CSX_CO Challenge"

I still haven\'t seen you post anything positive, we\'re all waiting sir.

Ster 2

Date: 08/04/03 09:52
The "Ster2block challenge"
Author: DRLOCO

looking for something positive? Search before you snap!look here:
http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/read.php?f=3&i=70204&t=70161

See? CSX_CO helped someone...now SHUT UP!
instead of trying to police everyone, chill out! relax! remember, this is supposed to be fun! We all have differing opinions, that\'s what makes this site so interesting. I don\'t agree with you, you don\'t agree with me..That\'s fine! Now ask me if I care!

DRLOCO--champion of the underdog!

Date: 08/04/03 10:18
Re: The "Ster2block challenge"

;)

Date: 08/04/03 12:41
The Center of the Universe
Author: BaltoJoey

From reading countless threads by a certain member. It appears that the entire Universe revolves around Sterling, Ohio. NOT!!!!!
I am sure that the MOW Department is doing the best that they can within their budgetary constraints.

BaltoJoey<---charter member of the Flat Earth Society

Date: 08/04/03 12:43
Re: The Center of the Universe

:) haha roger that

Date: 08/04/03 15:01
Author: jallgo1

If that happens "hell might freeze over first". You sound like your an executive w/CSX or some high official..

Date: 08/04/03 16:39
Author: cpvo

Hey...dont complain. At least your x-ings are getting attention. You want to see some beauts on the Selkirk Branch. At Cobblestone Rd. a 14 wheeled dump truck loaded rocks side to side when it crosses. CSX is still pissed at New York State and Wacky Pataki for taking so long to address CSXs position of paying 31% of its total taxes for only 7% of its systems tracks. Amtrak wants to do 125 MPH from Albany to NY Penn but as long as CSX puts off the concrete ties it needs it wont happen any time soon, same as x-ing upgrades.

Date: 08/04/03 16:42
Author: CSX_CO

jallgo1 wrote:

> If that happens "hell might freeze over first". You sound like your an executive w/CSX or some high official..

Sorry, nope, keep guessing. I\'m only in the trenches with T&E. Fortunately, I am on the \'inside\' of CSX though by being an employee. That gives someone more perception into \'how things really work\' then any railfan has. CSX\'s track sucks, but so does everyone else\'s. Don\'t believe me? Go railfan around a bit, you\'ll find mud holes, dips, trouble spots on every railroad. MOW does the best they can with what they are given. Its never enough though.

Now, I do grow tied of people bashing and trying to form opinions on things they have no real insight into. So that\'s probably why I\'ve been labeled a \'negative nelly\' by Mr. Ster_2. Don\'t like the answers I give Tony? Don\'t ask the questions then. Or at least be prepared for the \'truth\' when you ask them.

Practice Safe CSX

Pages:  [ 1 ][ 2 ] [ Next ]
Current Page:1 of 2

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0606 seconds