Home Open Account Help 227 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > DL "Pinky" Has Left the House

Date: 09/23/16 07:15
DL "Pinky" Has Left the House
Author: RDG630

DL MLW C630M #3000, ex BCR 706, GECX #706 has lost its GE Demo scheme and now wears the DL corprorate paint scheme. Not only was the locomotive repainted it was also cosmetically changed by removing the horns from above the windshield and remoing the BCR style recessed ditch lights on the low nose. Another quality job by the DL mechanical forces at the South Scranton, Pa shop under Don Colangelo. Kudos! Seen here yesterday on train PT98 at Tobyhanna, Pa its first day on the road. First photo the GECX scheme at Slateford Jct, Pa 2012. Last two photos taken at Tobyhanna yesterday illustrate the changes.

Date: 09/23/16 07:32
Re: DL "Pinky" Has Left the House
Author: jmbreitigan

#3000 looks very nice.
John

Date: 09/23/16 07:42
Author: toledopatch

I'm just a touch surprised they didn't roll it out as its train's lead engine, but on the other hand I couldn't be there to see it anyway....

Date: 09/23/16 08:03
Author: camcordersam

Another good reason to return there next year

Posted from Android

Date: 09/23/16 08:04
Author: stevelv

Awesome.  All 3 DL big ones now in matching paint.

Date: 09/23/16 17:02
Author: tsokolan

Just to be clear DL 3000 was built as an M630. I'm not sure why the DL chose to classify it as a C630M, but she does look good in new paint!

-Trevor 

Date: 09/23/16 17:55
Author: camcordersam

What I have been told by the DL personnel, when Schenectady closed their doors and went to Montreal, they still had locomotives to finish which were done in Montreal, C-630M means Canadian built American plans. The 3000 was one of those left to get finished when Schenectady shut the doors forever.

Posted from Android

Date: 09/23/16 18:10
Author: sscannella

It had quite a bit more than just cosmetic work, so they may have wanted a break-in run before using it as a leader.

toledopatch Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I'm just a touch surprised they didn't roll it out
> as its train's lead engine, but on the other hand
> I couldn't be there to see it anyway....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/24/16 01:44 by sscannella.

Date: 09/23/16 19:06
Author: Lackawanna484

How did it sound and did it smoke?

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0366 seconds