Home Open Account Help 359 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A Perfect Sunny Weekend in NE Ohio

Date: 09/26/16 10:47
A Perfect Sunny Weekend in NE Ohio
Author: Poker2662

This weekend in Northeast Ohio, we were blessed with perfect railfanning conditions. The sun stayed out in most of the area throughout Saturday and Sunday, with very few clouds. Saturday I started the day around Brewster and Canton and caught the 651 local light power pulling into Canton from Brewster at Faircrest Ave. I had heard CSX 8542 was leading an eastbound near Greenwich, so I made my way up to Akron. After waiting three hours, they finally showed up with just a bit of light on the nose where the tracks go straight north at the Home Ave overpass. Shortly after 8542 passed, W&LE 6381 got a trackwarrant west out of Akron, and I went to, in my opinion, the best photo spot for westbounds on the Akron Sub: the River Styx Trestle east of Medina.

Continued...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/26/16 13:02 by Poker2662.

Date: 09/26/16 10:52
Re: A Perfect Sunny Weekend in NE Ohio
Author: Poker2662

Sunday morning I was with a few hundred other railfans chasing the 767 on the CVSR. I was in the photo line at Brecksville for the southbound morning run, and at the south end of Peninsula siding shortly after. Then as luck would have it, the W&LE had another afternoon westbound lined up to leave Akron for the second day straight. With five units on the head end, 6385 leads 130+ empty stone west between Akron and Copley.

Thanks for looking!
Matt

Date: 09/26/16 12:14
Author: Railpower5400

Great picture's..The River Styx trestle shot is a winner.

Walt

Posted from Android

Date: 09/26/16 14:36
Author: Linndale

Nice work with the beautiful weather we had.

AL
Medina, O.

Date: 09/27/16 13:50
Author: jmbreitigan

Nice series Matt. Cool looking hand thrown switch in photo #1.
John

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.1126 seconds