Home Open Account Help 266 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX Albany Sub derailment?

Date: 09/29/16 06:26
CSX Albany Sub derailment?
Author: JLinDE

The Philly Sub dispatcher said a while ago that trains may be holding or parked in the Philly area due to a derailment on the Albany Sub. But Q031, Q141 and Q389 have made it down from North Jersey this morning. Re-routes were NOT mentioned. Anyone north of Philly hearing anything? Q389 has a UP leader, 4004 I think; it isĀ in Philly now.

Date: 09/29/16 17:27
Re: CSX Albany Sub derailment?
Author: JLinDE

With no respomses concerning a CSX freight derailment in North Jersey, and the timing of Dispatcher announcement and the unfortunate NJT Hoboken accident, which I read after my post, this appears to be a dispatcher comment before all facts and location are known. Understandably, there is a lot of confusion right after a railway accident until more facts are known. In Conrail years CR went under NJT tracks to Hoboken station about 3/4 mile west of the terminal, to then go thru NYC's old Weehawken tunnel. That route became the light rail line for the area, and now CSX's River line gets no closer than onr-half mile west of the terminal, and crosses underneath about 1.75 miles west on the otherside of the bluff. So there must be no CSX derailment in North Jersey affecting Philly traffic flow.

Date: 09/29/16 21:36
Author: Out_Of_Service

JLinDE Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> With no respomses concerning a CSX freight
> derailment in North Jersey, and the timing of
> Dispatcher announcement and the unfortunate NJT
> Hoboken accident, which I read after my post, this
> appears to be a dispatcher comment before all
> facts and location are known. Understandably,
> there is a lot of confusion right after a railway
> accident until more facts are known. In Conrail
> years CR went under NJT tracks to Hoboken station
> about 3/4 mile west of the terminal, to then go
> thru NYC's old Weehawken tunnel. That route became
> the light rail line for the area, and now CSX's
> River line gets no closer than onr-half mile west
> of the terminal, and crosses underneath about 1.75
> miles west on the otherside of the bluff. So there
> must be no CSX derailment in North Jersey
> affecting Philly traffic flow.

derailment was an NS train at North BergenĀ 

Date: 09/30/16 12:48
Author: nhiwwrr

I noticed a significant increase in traffic on the New York Short Line today....5 northbounds passed my way in under an hour as I was getting ready to leave for work.

Posted from Android

Date: 09/30/16 13:53
Author: RiverLineProductions

NS Autoracker derailed in West Croxton, NJ just south of the River Sub on the Shared Assets. It's cleared up by now, though.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0456 seconds