Home Open Account Help 321 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CP-Bright

Date: 10/23/16 16:50
CP-Bright
Author: operatorjoe

Was in New Brighton,Pa this afternoon and saw a lot activity on the NS Ft. Wayne Line. A work train and many Mof W track machines and personell. Does anyone know if this is part of the project to replace CP-Rochester and if so how long before it's completed? Thanks
​ Joe Cearfoss
​ Ellwood City,PA

Date: 10/24/16 23:25
Re: CP-Bright
Author: 41bridge

Yes, this is the new interlocking near New Brighton, Pa, connecting the Fort Wayne Line app. MP PC28 with the Youngstown Line app. MP YG95. Work is scheduled on Sunday and Monday for the next 4 weeks. It will be a complete interlocking allowing movements to and from all tracks. Don't know when it will be actually placed in service. Of course switches to the Cleveland Line (Bayard Branch) will be kept at Rochester. It will allow a lot more flexibility for trains terminating and originating at Conway Yard.

For those that aren't familiar with the area, it looks like a 4 track mainline from the air thru the area, but the 2 center tracks are a separate line that later drops down underneath the Fort Wayne Line.

On a personal note, I hope you are enjoying your retirement, operatorjoe. Some of us are still out there plugging away funding your Railroad Retirement!

Date: 10/25/16 08:02
Re: CP-Bright
Author: operatorjoe

Thanks 41bridge. Yes, I am enjoying my retirement but for some reason can't help thinking about the old days working the block stations.
 Joe

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0358 seconds