Home Open Account Help 251 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CN E units

Date: 12/03/16 20:20
CN E units
Author: hcrc

I saw CN Santa Train today i know they retired the IC E units do they ever use the other two that are in CN colors?

Date: 12/03/16 20:40
Re: CN E units
Author: Ron

I don't think so. It was mentioned last night after the GTW-CN Santa Train visit in Flint, Michigan, and also today, by some of the people that should know, that they are in need of some major repairs, and that CN has no desire to spend the dollars for them.

Ron

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/16 21:56 by Ron.

Date: 12/04/16 07:21
Author: tsokolan

One unit (repainted in the modern CN image) was used on the employye Christmas trains last year, I've been told the only thing that works in it is the HEP.

-Trevor

Date: 12/04/16 08:28
Author: ghCBNS

Took these shots of #103 in Edmonton a couple of years ago when we were picking up the equipment from an Employees Christmas Train to return it to Vancouver.

Date: 12/04/16 10:16
Author: NebraskaZephyr

A friend of mine is a CN (ex-WC) engineer and he told me over three years ago the Es were banned from leading a consist. He thought it was due to safety concerns about climbing the ladder unto the cab and the PS-68 brakes, which most crews know nothing about.

The two that are left are trail only and used for HEP.

NZ

Date: 12/04/16 14:21
Author: calumet

The E unit has been missing on the Santa train for about three years.  Here's a shot of the train back in 2008:

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0341 seconds