Home Open Account Help 331 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Oakdale, Tennessee

Date: 12/06/16 13:11
Oakdale, Tennessee
Author: WAT

I went to Oakdale, Tennessee yesterday. I haven't been there in several months. Everything is gone.  There are about five tracks which have all been shortened.Where has everything gone, Thanks !!!

Date: 12/06/16 14:06
Re: Oakdale, Tennessee
Author: toledopatch

WAT Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I went to Oakdale, Tennessee yesterday. I haven't
> been there in several months. Everything is
> gone.  There are about five tracks which have all
> been shortened.Where has everything gone, Thanks
> !!!

Essentially, to Burnside, Kentucky. That's the only crew change now between Cincinnati and Knoxville/Chattanooga, replacing Danville and Oakdale. But this change occurred quite some time ago -- more than just a few months.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/16 14:22 by toledopatch.

Date: 12/06/16 18:51
Author: Rathole

The only change in the yard tracks was to eliminate the lead between the south end of the yard and Tunnel 25.  This was done to move the switch at Tunnel 25 (double track to single) out of a curve.  It was moved north a few hundred feet.  A couple of the yard tracks lost some room on the south end but very little.  The biggest change is the signal bridge with the searchlight signals is gone, replaced with cantilever mounted signals at the end of double track (location is still known as Tunnel 25).

​As Toldeopatch noted, the crew change at Oakdale was done away with several years ago. 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/06/16 18:52 by Rathole.

Date: 12/07/16 07:07
Author: dan7366

It's been several months since I've been to Oakdale. The railfans I know have generally abandoned it as a location to go to alone. Too many meth-heads around.

Posted from Android

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.031 seconds