Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Indiana Railroad SD90MACs Via Edwardsville, Alabama

Date: 12/23/16 03:33
Indiana Railroad SD90MACs Via Edwardsville, Alabama
Author: NS7214

Seventeen years ago, NS SD9043MAC 7336 was built as CEFX 126 (December 1999) by GMD (EMD) in London Ontario, Canada. In fall 2008, the Indiana Railroad took delivery of six CEFX/CIT SD9043s for coal train service, the group became INDR numbers 9001 to 9006. In Norfolk Southern's recent quest for secondhand high horsepower units suitable for the SD70ACu conversion program, four of the former INDR SD9043s became available which NS purchased during the second quarter of 2016. NS 7336, ex INDR 9003 leads NS Alabama Division train, 23E during it's early morning westward flight from Atlanta, Georgia as it storms through the small town of Edwardsville, Alabama on the East End District.  December 23, 2016 
-7336 noted for "red Patch"

Date: 12/23/16 04:48
Re: Indiana Railroad SD90MACs Via Edwardsville, Alabama
Author: refarkas

Beautiful.
Thanks for posting this.
Bob

Date: 12/23/16 05:03
Author: DrLoco

Really neat picture! It's interesting to see how the railroad in my backyard's former power has scattered and is starting to be seen in lots of places...
Allow me a small correction, if I may.   The Indiana Rail Road (two words, the Indiana Railroad was the interurban and is still a corporate entity of one of the Public Utilities in Indiana)  has a reporting mark of "INRD" not INDR.  Don't worry, Lots of people make that error.  

Date: 12/23/16 06:27
Author: ns2557

Dave, See ya got it. Great shot.  Worth the wait huh?   Ben

Date: 12/23/16 07:39
Re: Indiana Rail Road SD90MACs Via Edwardsville, Alabama
Author: toledopatch

Also, INRD got more than just six of these SD90MACs. I don't know the total myself, but if I recall correctly a report elsewhere that they still have 10 of them, that would make for a total of 14.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/16 07:39 by toledopatch.

Date: 12/23/16 08:12
Author: NSSpike

Great photo there David!!! You and our beer drinking buddy nailed it.
NSSpike
CDDX
Villa Rica Ga

Date: 12/23/16 08:52
Author: NS7214

DrLoco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> Allow me a small correction, if I may.   The
> Indiana Rail Road (two words, the Indiana Railroad
> was the interurban and is still a corporate entity
> of one of the Public Utilities in Indiana)  has a
> reporting mark of "INRD" not INDR.  Don't worry,
> Lots of people make that error.  
Thanks for the correction, INDR is too easy to mess up on lol. Corrections are welcomed in my opinion.  I was quite worn out when i typed the caption this morning after a long day, then getting this 23E, I'm surprised it made sense at all lol  
Ben, it came not long after I got off the phone with you. it ran on clears all from North Inman to Dearmanville, Al where 220 got in the picture. I didn't have much time to setup anywhere that I went. 
Phil, I pulled into Vanilla Rica, saw Ed for a minute and decided to keep on going west, I didn't have enough time to setup, it was right behind me by only about five minutes. 
Thank ya much for the comments, fellas! 

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/16 11:08 by NS7214.

Date: 12/23/16 09:32
Author: cornerfieldhobby

Oh, wow. What a photo!!!!!!!

Date: 12/23/16 13:09
Author: Heath_Tower

The Western fans will freak when these units are interchanged West, unless that's already happened and I missed it
on the W/B....

Date: 12/23/16 14:22
Author: ns1000

Very nice!!

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.048 seconds