Home Open Account Help 365 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > slow loading videos

Date: 01/07/17 08:23
slow loading videos
Author: EdBadura

Help, as a member of TO. for years I have a problem watching the videos recently from TO ,They used to run fast,without stops and starts, I seems like the newer high definition videos ,large MB. size videos take forever to load compared to smaller lower quality videos.I have roadrunner and no trouble any ware else on the internet. any ideas would be welcom, thanks Ed B.

Date: 01/07/17 10:39
Re: slow loading videos
Author: thehighwayman

You might want to check your internet download speed:

http://www.speedtest.net/

You might have to upgrade to a better internet service provider (ISP),
File sizes across the board are getting to be much larger. I had to upgrade to a business connection a number of years ago ... and kept it after retiring.
If you are on high-speed via phone line, you might want to consider going to high-speed internet from a cable company.

Will MacKenzie
Dundas, ON

Date: 01/07/17 12:51
Author: callum_out

I get differences in download speed and wonder at times if it isn't due to server load on Todd's end,
be interested to hear if he'd like to comment.

Out

Date: 01/07/17 15:31
Author: webmaster

Do you guys have any time and dates of your issues and I can look into? Also, look at the little number at the bottom of each page with a load time.  That is something we use to diagnose issues with issues.  

Looks something like this:
Page created in 0.5217 seconds

If the number is more than a second then the problem is most likely our server.  Otherwise it is a bandwidth problem with a bottleneck on the Internet between you and us.  If you know how to use a traceroute program please send the results to help@trainorders.net.  In the past our service provider has been aggressive in routing traffic around bottlenecks if we report the offending network.

Also, we are in the midst of server modification to send everything through SSL, aka secure server... https instead of http.  Google is mandating all sites serve through secure connections, not just sensitive credit card data. If we do not comply we will be flagged as unsafe by future versions of Chrome.  We are testing it this weekend as it will most certainly cause additional load on our infrastructure. I purchased some new ssl certificates during the holiday and will be experimenting this weekend. Personally I think it is an overkill, but I don't run the Internet.  No other browser developers are doing it.

Todd Clark
Canyon Country, CA
Trainorders.com

Date: 01/07/17 19:30
Author: BaltoJoey

.1711 seconds on my machine

Date: 01/07/17 19:42
Author: bath_wildcat

.1674 and that's on an android tablet. The videos are slow as I love to watch the sandpatch cam, hell rode by it the three times I've been on the Capital Limited. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0414 seconds