Home Open Account Help 345 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > A few from Florida

Date: 02/23/17 19:31
A few from Florida
Author: sscannella

Made our annual trek to the Sunshine State the end of January/early February.  I usually work in a bit of rail photography while travelling around.  On the way south from Orlando to Key West on Saturday, 1/28 (missed connection at Dulles put us 5 hours behind schedule), I was able to grab a shot of the Okeechobee local sitting on a siding just before sunset.

On our return trip north on Tuesday 1/31, we did some exploring around the sugar cane fields around the southern part of Lake Okeechobee.  Caught the US Sugar train doing some switching at Clewiston, and another unit sitting at the west end of the yard there.

Date: 02/23/17 19:41
Re: A few from Florida

We then headed down and around South Bay and Belle Glade to come up the east side of the lake, and got lucky, though just after sunset, to catch a 103 car cane train heading south between Canal Point and Pahokee with a single GP40 in charge.

A couple days later (2/2), we were heading over to St. Petersburg, and I made my usual stop around the Winston - Plant City area.  Caught a short autorack train, I believe to be Q252 out of Taft, heading west on the A Line then onto the connector to the 'S' Line at Plant City.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/17 19:56 by sscannella.

Date: 02/23/17 19:54
Re: A few from Florida

The last day of our stay I headed to the Orlando Amtrak station to wait on a late running 91.  While there I managed to get this shot of CSX power from what might be A775 tied up in what I believe is called Pineloch Yard adjacent to the station.

Finally, about 2 hours late, the Silver Star showed up and I was able to manage to get these 2 photos of it arriving and then departing south from the station.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0402 seconds