Home Open Account Help 257 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > The Providence & Worcester RR - tribute to a fallen flag

Date: 02/26/17 04:15
The Providence & Worcester RR - tribute to a fallen flag
Author: bob01566

When the Providence and Worcester Railroad Company was re-born in 1973, my Dad, Al Arnold, had the foresight to focus his interest in railroading, and his camera, on the new shortline. He continued to photograph the P&W well into the 1990s when I took over the duties and I continue to shoot the P&W to this day. Now that the transition to Genesee and Wyoming ownership of the P&W has been completed, I felt it was time to explore our archives and present a short tribute to a fallen flag.This gallery on  nerrp.com  is by no means a complete visual history of the P&W but rather a sampling of the thousands of images in my Dad’s and my own archives.
I thought the TO community might enjoy this look back at one of Central New England’s most successful railroads.
This photo is the consist for the first P&W run in 1973 - Worcester to Woonsocket with engine 161 and a caboose.
Enjoy -
Bob
NERRP.COM
http://www.nerailroadphotos.com/PW-A-Visual-Tribute-to-a-Fallen-Flag

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/17 04:17 by bob01566.

Date: 02/26/17 04:30
Re: The Providence & Worcester RR - tribute to a fallen flag
Author: Ray_Murphy

People who put gigantic watermarks across the middle of their photos should be _____?

Ray 

Date: 02/26/17 04:36
Author: JPB

Awesome set of documentary photos, Bob! P&W's initial color scheme on those RS3s was quite attractive! Hopefully G&W will maintain P&W's high customer service standards going forward...

Date: 02/26/17 07:01
Author: icancmp193

Ray_Murphy Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> People who put gigantic watermarks across the
> middle of their photos should be _____?
>
> Ray 

paranoid?

Tom Y

Date: 02/26/17 07:03
Author: RFandPFan

Great series of photos!  Excellent job.

Date: 02/26/17 07:29
Author: calsubd

Great bunch of pics especially since I started modeling and collecting P&W and WRWK HO scale 2 years ago. Thanks to your dad and you I have a great reference to continue on with it, as it was looking kind of bleak there for awhile, but one door shuts and another opens as they say, thanks again !

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 02/26/17 11:48
Author: bob01566

Thanks John and Ed, it was truly a labor of love.
My Dad would never have believed that his photos could please so many people...
Bob

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/26/17 11:53 by bob01566.

Date: 02/26/17 14:00
Author: fqo63

Great job, bro. Dad would be proud of you.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.049 seconds