Home Open Account Help 310 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Last Circus Train through north Georgia

Date: 03/06/17 18:03
Last Circus Train through north Georgia
Author: djy23

After 146 years, the Ringling Bros and Barnum & Bailey Circus is calling it quits. For almost a century and a half, performers from around the globe came to work for the circus travelling this great nation by train bringing smiles and wonder to children and adults alike. I watched today as the train traveled from Atlanta,GA to Cincinnati,OH for the very last time fading into the history books. 'The show must go on...' Sadly, another part of Americana dies.

CSX C40-8W's #7736 & #7850 pulled the Red Unit train this afternoon, 3/6/2017, running as P926-06.

Picture 1 - The train thunders through Marietta,GA attracting more attention from onlookers than usual.

Picture 2 - My father smiles as we watch the train for the last time together.

Picture 3 - Further on up the road at Emerson,GA as the train rolls across the fill coming out of the Etowah River valley.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/17 18:07 by djy23.

Date: 03/06/17 18:05
Re: Last Circus Train through north Georgia
Author: djy23

Thanks for looking

Date: 03/06/17 18:19
Author: NS7214

nice shots there, dude. I like the Marietta one. say hi to dad! 
-djs

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/06/17 19:28 by NS7214.

Date: 03/06/17 19:36
Author: Tominde

Love those vestibule shots.   I can't imagine the feelings of the circus people.  For us it's a hobby.  For them it's a life.

I wonder if CSX or NS will give any consideration to putting decent looking units on as the end nears.  They will only be photographed a bazillion times.  Boy 765 or 611 would sure look great on NS.  

Date: 03/06/17 19:41
Author: cornerfieldhobby

Superb photos. The 2 photos with the people in the cars, brings a tear to my eye. Glad you captured that sight.

Date: 03/07/17 04:05
Author: steamloco

Thanks for the post as the vestibule photos tell the story. One more thing in life we'll never see again in a few months and the older you get the more things you remember you have seen that will never be seen again. I saw it go by a few weeks ago going to Atlanta but sometimes you see more in a picture than in person. Thanks again.

Date: 03/07/17 05:28
Author: RFandPFan

Absolutely great series of photos.  The vestibule shots were fantastic, most people overlook shots like that.  Thanks for posting!

Date: 03/07/17 06:58
Author: Pattenburg

...and sometimes those people standing in the vestibule will be snapping photos of trackside spectators. Scene was taken as the Blue Unit was going around Horseshoe Curve a few years ago.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0604 seconds