Home Open Account Help 339 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Lodging on the Pokey

Date: 03/23/17 08:40
Lodging on the Pokey
Author: P

Looking to spend the night near Williamson to start the next morning following the Pocahantas line between there and Bluefield.  Will be coming from the north late in the evening so dont really want to drive much further south then Williamson.  The Mountaineer is apparently booked and looking for an alternative hotel for just one night.  Any suggestion in the area or close by? 

Date: 03/23/17 08:52
Re: Lodging on the Pokey
Author: DirtyShirt

I'd suggest the Sycamore Inn in Williamson, 800-446-6865. I have stayed there a couple of times. There are rooms with views of the tracks if you are interested.

Date: 03/23/17 13:57
Author: msullivan1993

Sycamore Inn is the best choice for a standard hotel in Williamson (avoid the Sweet Dreams Suites, trust me)... there's also the Mountaineer Hotel in town though I've never stayed there.

if you want to stay a few miles south in Matewan there are a couple nice B&B's, the Historic Matewan House and the Blue Goose Inn. I've stayed in the latter, and a friend is involved with the former, both great places and within sight of the mainline.

Date: 03/23/17 18:10
Author: CR6377

The Elkhorn Inn in Landgraff is a nice place. Although $100 a night. The tracks are across the street. Also this place hosts the Railstream camera as well. 

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.3573 seconds