Home Open Account Help 306 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Former B&O CPL at Vine St (Phily) now history

Date: 03/25/17 15:29
Former B&O CPL at Vine St (Phily) now history
Author: mab

The rather handsome old dual CPL tower at Vine St on the former B&O in Philadelphia came down some time this week, replaced with the modern signal bridge that went up behind it a few months ago.

#1 is a quick cellphone shot from this afternoon. #2 is the same location, just over 7 years earlier.

Date: 03/25/17 15:54
Re: Former B&O CPL at Vine St (Phily) now history
Author: JLinDE

sucks, but expected. I hate those new signals, as do most of the crews I've talked too. Nothing more informative than a color position light. But they were too expensive to maintain, (that is all that counts in management) and I do not see where the new lenses are any brighter in any aspect other than the lunar white bulb.

Date: 03/25/17 22:49
Author: prr4828

Sorry to see the CPL's go, too. Photo 2 is neat: CPL's at night after it snowed.

* JB *

Date: 03/26/17 04:25
Author: csxape7

all the cpl's, between 58th street and vine street in philadelphia, were replaced with color light signals, effective this weekend. 

csxape7 

Date: 03/26/17 23:51
Author: Seventyfive

Nothing beats B&O Color Position Lights.  Your night photo is a real classic and thanks for posting both shots.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0338 seconds