Home Open Account Help 243 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > It was a pretty good Good Friday on the Piedmont

Date: 04/15/17 18:14
It was a pretty good Good Friday on the Piedmont
Author: NSTopHat

On Friday around noon, I got a text that the NS Go Rail unit was leading NS 153 south across the southern end of NS's Piedmont Division into Atlanta. In the text I knew I had about an hour and so, so I trucked it two miles down the road to get trackside, as there ws also an unknown northbound heading through Buford. With about two minutes to spare before the northbound, I pulled into Oakwood, GA, NS MP 590.0.

Image #1: An unknown NB grainer lead by a ubiquitous GE D9-44CW.

Image #2: NS #153 heads south past the relatively new Darth Vader Intermediate signal at Oakwood.

Image #3: A Penn Central marked 65' Mill Gon, still in service.

More to come....

Russ

Date: 04/15/17 18:22
Re: It was a pretty good Good Friday on the Piedmont

Having caught the GoRail unit and headed back home to finish my work for the day, I was  given another heads up that NS 118 had the heritage duo of hte New York Central and the Nickle Plate units headed north from Macon to Linwood, NC. After I picked my daughter up from school, we headed back track side and waited, and waited, and waited..... NS 222 came north through Oakwood around 6 pm, with a bland GE consist. THe wife was calling for dinner planning purposes and 118 was tracking north, slowly. So I decided to head south a couple of miles to Flowery Branch, GA, between Allen & Griff. Within 3 minutes 118 came crawling north for a rolling meet with NS 173.

Image #4 - NS / NYC SD70ACe #1066 leads 118 north past the diplay caboose in Flowery Branch, GA

Image #5 - A wide angle of the heritage pair.

One more set to come....

Russ

Date: 04/15/17 18:25

Back in the consist were a few freight cars of interest. There were four Conrail Class H1M 3 bay coal cars and a NS G89R Class Top Gon that has been stencilled for MOW service for Scrap Tie Loading Only.

Hope you enjoyed a Good Friday as I did!

Regards,
Russ

Date: 04/16/17 05:17
Author: ns1000

I like the look of Pic 2!!

Date: 04/16/17 20:58
Author: inCHI

Nice images, neat to see those freight cars.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0711 seconds