Home Open Account Help 240 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > NS Central of Ga deep in Yankee Territory

Date: 04/25/17 14:54
NS Central of Ga deep in Yankee Territory
Author: ns2557

Well, On my way west, passed thru the Harrisburg/Enola/Dauphin Pa area. Not much going on anywhere when I went thru. Went south on I83 off of I81 then over to Lemoyne and up 11-15 past Enola then up 22/322 to Clarks Ferry and west from there. Up at Rockville I passed what I thought was a WB Loaded Herzog Ballast Train. Middle unit in consist didn't look quite like a standard NS unit (Could not see anything but the top of the units, but I noticed the Gray, thought it was the Monongahela unit.) When I realized it was headed NB on the Buffalo Line I knew I had to stop and get a shot. So, got off at Fishing Creek and stopped. Didn't know about the road work on the bridge, so that made things a bit interesting. When the NS 9538 finally came around the curve near one of the greens of the Hbg Country Club, I knew I made a good call. Got a few shots here as the train came under the bridge. Seeing how it was not really "scorching" the rails, thought I might have a chance for another shot at South Ferry, or the old Clarks Ferry along the Susquehanna Rvr. Waited for almost 25 minutes for it to get up here but worth the wait.

Shot 1. NS 9538 is seen passing the SE of South Ferry here, but also the sign that designates where the Appalachian Trail comes off the Mtn and crosses the Susquehanna Rvr. enrte south. NS 8101 the 2nd unit, the CoG Heritage, is wayyy north of the Mason Dixon Line and deep in Yankee Grounds. Trailing unit was the NS 8353.

Shot 2. This was down at Fishing Creek. Just coming around the curve from Rockville and approaching the old siding at Hecks here. The greens are getting green as can be seen off to the left. Guess the Golf Season and summer aren't to far behind.

Thanks for looking Ya'll. Take care. Ben

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/17 15:04 by ns2557.

Date: 04/25/17 14:59
Re: NS Central of Ga deep in Yankee Territory
Author: NS4271

Great catch and shots.

Date: 04/25/17 17:18
Author: calsubd

Nice Ben !

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 04/26/17 05:18
Author: Gonut1

Great to see all that green and with a train too!
Thanks.
Gonut

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0482 seconds