Home Open Account Help 337 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > At least the Railfoaming part timed out right today in Columbus O

Date: 04/25/17 18:26
At least the Railfoaming part timed out right today in Columbus O
Author: tq-07fan

Central Ohio Transit Authority (COTA) is doing a major Transit System Redesign http://www.cota.com/Projects/TSR.aspx starting on Monday May 1st. I had to get up there today to get a couple sets of schedules to share with the folks at the Motor Bus Society meet later this week in Florida. I had a choice of three express routes that will no longer operate to ride into downtown Columbus this morning. Being stopped on the highway for an overturned semi on I-71 near Jeffersonville Ohio forced me to ride the Rt 37 Westerville from Northern Lights Shopping Center. Because many bus stops are torn up on Cleveland Ave for the CMAX Rapid Bus project the two stops at Northern Lights had no route numbers so I merely guessed at where to stand based on an uncertain COTA driver on the Rt 1. My bus pulled into Northern Lights and I had to run to get it but made it to downtown Columbus OK and then back out on the Rt 9 after getting the schedules. From Northern Lights I drove and took some pictures of various bus stops in several areas as COTA has placed plastic bags over the new bus stop signs so the change can be done quickly on Monday. I stopped at the big new Giant Eagle in Hilliard for my kind of liquid refreshment, but, they were out of chocolate milk! I continued on Hilliard New Rome Rd toward Broad and saw approaching headlights on the Dayton District. I paused at the crossing then decided to chance it and get the shot of the train under the Penn Central signal bridge at CP 146. I could hear the train blowing when I was coming up Smith and made the turn onto Park and took the shot out my rolled down window. Being that it was a one unit wonder train the angle I ended up with worked. Even better was a westbound general freight was coming on track 1. So even though I didn't get to ride my first two choices for express routes this morning or pictures of more express routes in downtown I ended up with a good meet under the Penn Central signal bridge, all because of an overturned semi truck about six hours before.

Jim

Date: 04/25/17 20:29
Re: At least the Railfoaming part timed out right today in Columb
Author: ns1000

I like Pic 2!!

Date: 04/26/17 09:48
Author: richs

Great shots with the signals!
RichS

Date: 04/26/17 09:59
Author: cornerfieldhobby

Wow to catch a C40-8W with no horsehead on the side is getting rarer to catch everyday. Great photos.

Date: 04/26/17 11:49
Author: Ohiorailfan

First train was 26Z, Cincinnati to Rickenbacher yard. Second was 304, Columbus to Middletown

Posted from Android

Date: 04/27/17 10:04
Author: PowellWye

Company I work for is installing the CMAX stops. Didn't realize there was transit bus following...

Date: 05/03/17 21:04
Author: tq-07fan

Hello Powell Wye. I have actually been away from the computer and TO for a week in part for the Motor Bus Society Spring meet in Orlando Florida last week.

Here is a shot of one of the CMAX stops under construction on Cleveland at Morse Rd northbound.

Jim

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0391 seconds