Home Open Account Help 379 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > Last of the CSX February layoffs, left the building today

Date: 04/25/17 19:17
Last of the CSX February layoffs, left the building today
Author: calsubd

Just on the News tonight (Jacksonville)at 10 PM, just a 30 second sound byte "CSX thanked them for their service"

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 04/26/17 09:07
Re: Last of the CSX February layoffs, left the building today
Author: chappy3

Heard another 200 managers by this friday will be gone also from around the system

Posted from Android

Date: 04/26/17 09:31
Author: scraphauler

I was dealing with a gentleman in car management on Monday - yesterday his e-mail bounced a automatic reply that he was no longer with the company. So I dealt with a lady yesterday afternoon whom I needed to get to this morning. Sent her the requested info, and you guessed it, automatic reply that she is no longer with the company.

This is CP all over again. Working a lease return in the span of 6 week, I dealt with 8 fleet managers - managers 1 thru 7 all terminated.

Date: 04/26/17 19:02
Author: Lackawanna484

It will be interesting to see how many of these guys return as consultants in the next few months. Lots of valuable skills and relationships walking the plank.

I worked for a company years ago where they offered most people who were age 60 a deal where you got 5 years pension credit, paid medical through your medicare eligibility, and two years pay to walk out the door. Then they made the cut point age 57, with predictable results.

The guys they wanted to keep mostly took the deal, and were hired back as consultants. The guys they hoped would leave didn't go, and got thrown out with an inferior deal. Lawsuits, HR trying to write job titles that didn't trigger more same desk issues, etc.

Total disaster.

(Same desk rules prohibit you from retiring somebody, putting them on pension, and then hiring them back to do the same job. So you have to create a job for the consultant which uses the guy's skill set but has somewhat different responsibilities, no management role, etc. )

Date: 04/27/17 17:52
Author: Northern

Wonder NS will look to talk with any of these managers?

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.0424 seconds