Home Open Account Help 369 users online

Eastern Railroad Discussion > CSX F461? Charlotte Sub division, UP leader.

Date: 04/27/17 17:28
CSX F461? Charlotte Sub division, UP leader.
Author: kilonovember4

I'm here on the CSX Charlotte Sub. and I just heard a CSX F461-27 get an EC-1 from the Pinoca yard, to Monroe. It is being lead by a UP 7606. I think it might be a Charlotte to Hamlet run reinstated. Any ideas or insight as to where it is going? Thanks!

Date: 04/27/17 18:24
Re: CSX F461? Charlotte Sub division, UP leader.
Author: calsubd

Didn't see it listed on the new schedule

Ed Stewart
Jacksonville, FL

Date: 04/27/17 19:47
Author: florida581

F461 is now Monroe, NC - Charlotte, NC and F460 is now Charlotte, NC - Bostic, NC.

Andrew

Date: 04/27/17 20:07
Author: kilonovember4

florida581 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> F461 is now Monroe, NC - Charlotte, NC and F460 is
> now Charlotte, NC - Bostic, NC.
>
> Andrew

Thanks for the info, Andrew. Do you know about when these trains came about into the schedule?

- Neale

Date: 04/27/17 20:25
Author: florida581

kilonovember4 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> Thanks for the info, Andrew. Do you know about
> when these trains came about into the schedule?
>
> - Neale

Maybe a couple of days. I honestly don't think they're permanent symbols. The Florence Division locals all use the F700-series symbols. The F400 series are usually dogcatching (relief) symbols.

Andrew

Date: 04/28/17 14:14
Author: NC_CSXFAN13

I've also noticed in the last week or so that the local out of Bostic Yard F775, has been running around 9pm or later. They usually run in the morning and return in the afternoon depending upon how much work is needed.

BTW,
Where is the new link to CSX's Schedule of trains? I know that the Bull Sheet doesn't have them anymore.

NC_CSXFAN13

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/17 15:30 by NC_CSXFAN13.

Date: 04/28/17 18:21
Author: KV1guy

Railroads will sometimes change the forward symbol, usually to screw the crew pay wise. A certain carrier might have a Q100 something, but under their agreement, if the train routing warrants extra pay for a ROAD crew to take it, they might rename the job with say M. M100. For pay purpose, in the contract the usually M type job can go all over and not be entitled to that extra pay. Or think of it this way....if there's a job that does a lot of road switching and would require a third man under a Q status, then they change it to M which specifies only 2. It's done to benefit the carrier.

[ Share Thread on Facebook ] [ Search ] [ Start a New Thread ] [ Back to Thread List ] [ <Newer ] [ Older> ] 
Page created in 0.031 seconds